JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: Staples: Now’s the time, Big 12, to go after the Pac-12’s biggest and best
(03-29-2020 04:56 PM)Transic_nyc Wrote:  
(03-29-2020 03:50 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(03-29-2020 03:33 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  
(03-29-2020 03:26 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(03-29-2020 03:22 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  I’ve always seen ND’s partial status as the biggest road block to WVU in the ACC.

If Domer ever discontinued it or joined full time then I think you’d see WVU as a real chance to finally get in but not as long as ND is a partial

Do you really think Notre Dame will stick around when the Big 10 and SEC are making nearly 30 million more in TV revenue? I don't.

Now THAT is probably the most interesting question in realignment

We focus so much on what may or may not happen with UT/OU and the B12 but what happens with ND/ACC might be the real powder keg that blows everything up in the next round, especially if Leprechaun Apocalypse happens and they join the B1G. Terry would have to be on safety watch for a couple months

That would definitely be the first domino. It's also the likeliest trigger which would enable the Big 12 to remain. This pie in sky dreaming about a merger with the PAC 12 is hilarious.

If Notre Dame were to run off to the Big 10 with Virginia the ACC would implode and the Big 12 would survive.

If Notre Dame were to run off to the Big 10 with Oklahoma or Kansas the Big 12 implodes and the ACC survives, but in a permanently weaker position.

Since prior to 2010 the question was which one blinks first the ACC or the Big 12? Not much has changed.

The way I see it Notre Dame is the only part of the ACC that ESPN doesn't control so of course they are the trigger.

Knowing how Domers think, I would not be surprised if they do the unexpected and convince a good part of the ACC to jump with them and convince their friends the Trojans to jump and take a chunk of the PAC with them. Their destination? The Big 12.

It would be the perfect set up for them. Get games played in Florida, Texas and California. As long as they can make money without a massive conference distribution they can get away with it. The Trojans would benefit as well by breaking out of the West Coast prison and become a truly national program.

N.D. can afford to jump anytime. The rest of the ACC not so much. But I do grasp your rationale. I could see them being part of a PAC 12 Big 12 reformation in 2024-5.

Bring the 9 AAU schools of the PAC, add Texas, Texas Tech, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and toss in Notre Dame and Arizona State and you've got something.

California, California Los Angeles, Oregon, Southern Cal, Stanford, Washington
Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Texas, Texas Tech, Utah
Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State.

Now by adding Notre Dame to that lineup you bring the value of that New Conference up to 6.1 billion. Given the fact that neither the SEC or Big 10 add that much value you would have 3 fairly competitive conferences that way.

Then the Big 10 can pick up Duke, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, and Virginia to move to 18.

The SEC can add Clemson, Florida State, N.C. State and Virginia Tech to 18.

Now you have 54 schools in the upper tier.

Baylor, Boston College, Louisville, Miami, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, T.C.U., Wake Forest, Washington State, and West Virginia can add Brigham Young, Cincinnati, Central Florida, Houston, Memphis, San Diego State, and South Florida to form a tweener conference:

Boston College, Cincinnati, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, West Virginia
Central Florida, Houston, Miami, Memphis, South Florida, Wake Forest
Baylor, Brigham Young, Oregon State, San Diego State, T.C.U., Washington State,
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2020 05:45 PM by JRsec.)
03-29-2020 05:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Staples: Now’s the time, Big 12, to go after the Pac-12’s biggest and best - JRsec - 03-29-2020 05:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.