WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coronavirus-realistic fear or hyped?
Aimless1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU Bronos
RE: Coronavirus-realistic fear or hyped?
(05-18-2020 02:10 PM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  
(05-18-2020 09:55 AM)brovol Wrote:  I am sure there may be several people in my "network" who have had it, and either didnt know it, or didnt disclose it, so I am not suggesting that it doesnt exist in my circle, but for being a "pandemic" worthy disease, and compared to other pandemic diseases, it sure seems strange that a lot of people can look around them and not see the death and destruction that is being talked about so much. Are the rest of you seeing high numbers of death, or even significant illness among your networks?

https://www.businessinsider.com/one-in-e...d19-2020-4

this piece from Business Insider estimates that 1 in 8 people will know someone that has died from it. keep in mind it was estimated in Mar/Apr that we were "in the 2nd inning" of this ordeal. nobody really knows how long we’ll be dealing with it but 12% is not unrealistic.

thankfully my cousin in VA recovered after moderate symptoms a couple months ago. i have several family members who taken care of Covid patients, knowingly and unknowingly. the worst is finding out after the fact, as happened to my cousin in CA.

My dad’s cousin died a few weeks ago days before her birthday. she had been a nurse for a long time and its not clear if she had acquired it on the job in metro Detroit or from her son who also may have contracted the disease on the job. i would see her occasionally when we worked in the same hospital. she even purchased a vehicle from me when I dabbled in car sales about 13 yrs ago. She was a great woman who dedicated her life to caring for others and was retired but returned to work to help her 3 kids pay off school debts. all 3 have carried on her legacy and are working in health care.

Doubtful most of us would know someone personally at this point. 50000+ confirmed cases, state population about 10,000,000 ... only 0.50% (half of a percent) have contracted the virus. About 1 in 200 at the moment.
05-18-2020 02:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus-realistic fear or hyped? - Aimless1 - 05-18-2020 02:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.