WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coronavirus-realistic fear or hyped?
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
RE: Coronavirus-realistic fear or hyped?
(04-14-2020 05:01 PM)RunningGame Wrote:  One point of interest to WMU, it’s Garrett Soldano leading the quarantine protest group on FB. He has to deal with a lot of nuts and bad takes in that group, vs. the Nurse Ratcheds on the other side.

Maybe this all isn’t a grand Bill Gates mind control conspiracy to take down Trump and maybe people concerned about the mother of all depressions have motivations other than hanging out at their palace on Torch Lake.

Maybe it’s just people fearing a pandemic vs. people fearing a depression.

The numbers say the time to stop it quickly passed back in late January, when Trump was worried about S&P numbers and others were concerned about the racism of stopping flights to China. We’re in the schitt together now thanks to our own human nature. The numbers right now say we’ve flattened the curve. The only realistic take is discussing how we can start to open things up again.

Right now, the guy with the best take on it is our former linebacker.

Definitely.

(04-14-2020 04:28 PM)RunningGame Wrote:  Gotta go by the numbers. Coronavirus new infections have peaked and are declining in Michigan: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9...--,00.html

Therefore, the original stay at home rules were working, and the new restrictions are not justified. We're already easing down the field hospitals thought to be needed: https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/202...cases.html

Yes, a store was refusing to sell baby car seats. That really happened. Whitmer's order is entirely unclear. That's entirely on her: https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-govern...home-order

Too many people are guided solely by their emotional states.

"All it takes is one infected person, like a match to a bonfire..." No, that's not how diseases work. You need a sustained population over time. There's already been one infected person in most rural northern counties for weeks and there's no bonfire.

"They need to wait another couple months until 'clinical trials' prove what everybody already knows." Experimentation is fine, but without actual evidence we don't know if anything works. Hell, ventilators may be killing more people than helping at this point.

"There are those that follow rumors and those that follow science. I am in the latter group." Well, the data says we can lessen the restrictions, and I FERKING LOVE SCIENCE, so make it so!

"How freakin selfish. While people die every day, you want to use your cabin." Says a person using an instant global telecommunication device arguing politics on a sports forum instead of dropping what he's doing to volunteer at the hospital right now. For shame.

"If you believe the trash that she is banning sale of children's car seats you're not smart enough for this thread." Sense this reely happind, than I guess nun of us are worthy to be on this thred.

Time to shred the old sheepskin, sorry Diether!
Thanks RG. Another thing, less population density in northern Michigan areas. Cities are a 'match to a pile of hay.' Low population density, each straw of hay is more spread out.

I agree the charts show Previous Existing Measures were working & Gretchen had no constitutional right to increase the degree of severity. Extending the 'deadline' of the existing order was the right call. That's what other states are doing. I'm not doubting her there. Increasing the measures is what has people ticked off & finally crossed the line I was warning the government was getting to close to for a lot of citizens.
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2020 07:18 PM by Bronco'14.)
04-14-2020 07:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus-realistic fear or hyped? - Bronco'14 - 04-14-2020 07:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.