WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coronavirus-realistic fear or hyped?
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
RE: Coronavirus-realistic fear or hyped?
(03-16-2020 05:30 PM)WMUlaxer97 Wrote:  
(03-16-2020 03:24 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  I see a lot of hysteria even on this board about this virus. While I'm not downplaying the seriousness of the pandemic, the facts do not support the level of panic and hysteria being perpetrated by the media.

Consider this:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/CoronaVirusD...htag_click

As more cases and subsequently data becomes available, the death rate here in the U.S. (as a percentage of cases confirmed) is going down.

You realize we are about to experience the same exponential growth that Europe has seen. Even IF the mortality rate is <1% we will still get a massive influx of patients requiring respiratory support. These patients will demand a lot of resources in ventilation, staffing to run vents in CRNAs and MDAs as well as basic care not to infect other patients. The reason why Italy is near 7% is because their system cannot support these patients and many are dying.

The facts are we are very early in this and many are blatantly disregarding what has occurred across Asia and Europe as if we are somehow immune. Is Italy just doing this for dramatic effect? Iran dug 2 100yd trenches in a cemetery visible from satellites, for what? Many on the front lines of this will get sick, some will die trying to treat others. If you think we’re playing an F’ing game I offer you to trade places with myself any of my colleagues or family and friends that are working in hospitals. It’s funny how you view some facts and opinions as hysteria but you have not refuted any of my posts and I’m on here daily with solid info.

Where did I say or even imply that this was a game? Re-read my post again.

Also, all viral infections spread exponentially. That word gets used by fear mongers a lot, probably because a lot of people don't understand it.

There are lots of factors. Europe's lack of borders is one. None of those countries has a healthcare system as advanced as the U.S. does. You speak with such certainty that we are going to see the exact same thing here as in Italy. NOBODY can predict the future. Not even you. Sure the number of cases will go up but let's not act like politicians and go right away to the worst case scenario (got to protect myself politically from being accused of not doing enough).

Dude, you're hysterical. Take a breath and calm down. I'm not here to refute your posts. Just to offer some perspective to counter the 'sky is falling' narrative. Are you a doctor? The article comparing this pandemic to the H1N1 pandemic was written by A DOCTOR.

One of the lessons of this pandemic is that the CDC needs to seriously re-assess their response to pandemics. They dropped the ball.
03-16-2020 06:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus-realistic fear or hyped? - MileHighBronco - 03-16-2020 06:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.