Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Changing the transfer rules
MAC tOAMU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Northeast Ohio
RE: Changing the transfer rules
(02-19-2020 08:11 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  
(02-19-2020 07:44 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  The more I've thought about this the less I like it. I've always thought the logic behind the grad transfer rule was at least in part due to academics. If you graduate you have a degree so you're rewarded with being able to not sit out. If you transfer before you graduate, you might have issues with credits transferring and you might end up needing an extra year to graduate... But that's fine because you have to sit out a year so your college will be paid for for 5 seasons. I could be wrong, I'm no expert on transferring credits or anything. Just what I've always thought makes sense.

So I feel like this policy could be ignoring academics. You could end up with guys needing a 5th year to graduate but being out of eligiblity so the 5th year isn't paid for.
Very good points. The original grad transfer was a reward for a person that graduated iI time and still had eligibility remains AND transferred to a school to participate in a major not offered at their original school. That has been manipulated so bad it has now evolved to the ridiculous free agency we have now. Sucks when kids you’ve nurtured and developed skips off his last season for a power school that never gave them the time of day in recruiting but have an urgent need to fill.

I transferred and changed majors so I lost quite a bit of credit hours that didn’t transfer over properly. I can envision these kids left hanging short of a degree, no eligibility left and the school saying sorry but you’re on your own now.

My thoughts as well.......the de-emphasis of education will only worsen.

And because mine is mostly a football perspective, I can only see this being upwardly beneficial. For the most part, a "downward" transferring player without the lapse in playing will likely not be as motivated and disciplined as someone who had to sit out a year, go to school, and want to get back on the field.

And as I've stated before, it's essentially free agency without roster rules, salary caps (coaches/facilities spending), tampering rules, nor contract terms.
02-21-2020 11:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Changing the transfer rules - cschierh - 02-18-2020, 04:39 PM
RE: Changing the transfer rules - anti-zip - 02-18-2020, 06:23 PM
RE: Changing the transfer rules - burden - 02-18-2020, 09:21 PM
RE: Changing the transfer rules - FlashPan - 02-19-2020, 04:31 PM
RE: Changing the transfer rules - GFlash68 - 02-19-2020, 07:53 PM
RE: Changing the transfer rules - anti-zip - 02-19-2020, 07:44 PM
RE: Changing the transfer rules - MAC tOAMU - 02-21-2020 11:27 AM
RE: Changing the transfer rules - burden - 02-20-2020, 02:30 PM
RE: Changing the transfer rules - Muskrat - 02-20-2020, 06:22 PM
RE: Changing the transfer rules - anti-zip - 02-20-2020, 06:37 PM
RE: Changing the transfer rules - Muskrat - 02-20-2020, 08:01 PM
RE: Changing the transfer rules - burden - 02-20-2020, 08:03 PM
RE: Changing the transfer rules - anti-zip - 02-21-2020, 04:42 PM
RE: Changing the transfer rules - anti-zip - 02-21-2020, 11:21 PM
RE: Changing the transfer rules - delflash - 02-21-2020, 01:36 PM
RE: Changing the transfer rules - Muskrat - 02-21-2020, 05:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.