Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Design Your Dream Conference(s)
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
RE: Design Your Dream Conference(s)
(02-21-2020 08:35 AM)Cajuns1252 Wrote:  
(02-21-2020 01:39 AM)GeminiCoog Wrote:  Southwest Conference Redux. (Given instant Power Conference status in all sports. Because reasons.)

Acadian
Arkansas (Former SWC member; currently in SEC)
Arkansas State
Louisiana-Lafayette
Louisiana Tech
Memphis (AAC, which was AQ before start of CFP era.)
Oklahoma State (Former SWC and Big 8 member; currently in Big Xii.)
Tulane (Former SEC member)

Lone Star
Houston (Former SWC member; currently in AAC, which was AQ before start of CFP era.)
Lamar
North Texas
Rice (Former SWC member; currently in AAC)
SMU (Former SWC member; currently in AAC, which was AQ before start of CFP era.)
Texas State
UTSA

I think this conference would do pretty well. Thoughts?

I like it very close footprint, maybe get rid of some of the Texas teams and widen the layout.

Thanks. The whole point was to have a conference where at least half the members belonged to a Power conference at some point in their history. I think I achieved that here.

That said. I'll make a compromise SWC where I substitute Lamar, North Texas, and UTSA for the following teams: Tulsa, Kansas, and Kansas State. Therefore, they could be divided into North and South divisions, and the layout gets expanded north into Kansas.

SWC (with Kansas Big 12 teams and Tulsa):

North
Arkansas
Arkansas State
Kansas
Kansas State
Memphis
Oklahoma State
Tulsa

South
Houston
Louisiana-Lafayette
Louisiana Tech
Rice
SMU
Texas State
Tulane

Makes for a good football-first conference with some good hoops, too. (Besides, I just can't separate the teams that were at one point members of the SWC during its existence. Only Oklahoma State had moved on by the time Houston joined the league, but most of the other actual SWC schools included in this dream conference played each other for at least thirteen years. So I couldn't split them up. And furthermore, the basis of the first iteration of my new SWC came from this fake news thread I wrote last year. I feel like I could've won the contest if I had made it a little more realistic, i guess. lol)
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020 01:51 PM by GeminiCoog.)
02-21-2020 01:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Design Your Dream Conference(s) - schmolik - 02-13-2020, 04:00 PM
RE: Design Your Dream Conference(s) - Bogg - 02-13-2020, 04:37 PM
RE: Design Your Dream Conference(s) - C00G - 02-15-2020, 07:41 PM
RE: Design Your Dream Conference(s) - VCE - 02-16-2020, 07:49 PM
RE: Design Your Dream Conference(s) - VCE - 02-16-2020, 08:04 PM
RE: Design Your Dream Conference(s) - GeminiCoog - 02-21-2020 01:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.