New Hampshire Primary Predictions
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
RE: New Hampshire Primary Predictions
(02-13-2020 01:44 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  
(02-12-2020 05:12 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(02-12-2020 04:37 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(02-12-2020 04:22 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Ah ok now after googling Tim Ryan I see he was one of the many losers that attempted to run this time, never polled above 1%, and dropped out months ago. That guy clearly understands what the people want. 03-lmfao

Okay, serious question. Not trolling, just curious. You are obviously an ardent Bernie supporter. What is your age group?

Bernie, although 78, tends to draw younger supporters who are passionate, so I just wondered if you fell in that group.

Not at the youngest end of that spectrum, I'm 33.

As for my ardent Bernie support I readily have admitted on this board over and over again that there are actually a whole lot of things I don't go all the way with Bernie on. I don't really want mass wealth redistribution (although I certainly do believe we've had mass upward wealth redistribution for years since Reagan). I think Medicare for all would be better than what we currently have but if I had my way I'd like to have the Bismarck health care model. Mostly though I believe the DNC is a morally corrupt and incompetent organization that can't be saved. Bernie is literally the only option to change that, either by him winning or them stealing it from him and ending the party as a nationally relevant entity. So what's funny is I'm actually not in disagreement with most here mocking and trashing the DNC. They deserve every bit of it and more. I won't be happy if they broker the convention from Bernie, but it will lead to the necessary death of the party as currently constructed and that needs to happen 1 way or the other.

But you can't deny that Bernie's policies (if actually implemented) would bankrupt the country and completely change our way of life. It would destroy people.

If every Bernie policy were implemented would it completely change the current American way of life? Yeah I think it would. Would more people in the country be better off than they are now? I think so but honestly it doesn't even really matter because no president ever can or will get every single policy they want passed. Most struggle to get a single policy passed in the form they actually run on once you go thru the process of making the sausage. Do I think Medicare for All is ever actually a passable piece of legislation as voiced by Bernie? Absolutely not, but with anything that's going to end up being negotiated if you start at the position you want to finish at the final product is gonna be far worse than that from your perspective. I've been clear that I'd rather have Bismarck and a UBI vs M4A and drastically increasing the minimum wage (which I know despite sounding good would just spur on massive inflation). To get Bismarck passed it's going to require destroying the insurance industry as it currently exists. It will require shifting public opinion on health care so far towards the Bernie position that the GOP views Bismarck as the compromise position to full government controlled health care.

Even beyond all that I actually would like to have happen policy wise I 100% believe that the DNC as currently lead and constructed is a morally corrupt and incompetent organization that one way or the other has to be destroyed. Whether that destruction is caused by Bernie winning and all these rats losing their access to the levers of party power or it's destroyed because they broker the convention from him and cause a mass revolt that kills the party as a national entity I don't care that much. I'd rather it be from option 1, but if they choose option 2 the party has to die and even though it will lead to probably 20+ years of GOP control of national government it will be the price that has to be paid. I'm happy because I believe we've now reached the point of no return where no Democratic candidate will be able to actually "beat" Bernie and they are either going to have to let him be the nominee or in the full view of public this time, with no way of pretending this is just a "Bernie Bro conspiracy" steal it from him and kill the party.
02-13-2020 02:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Hampshire Primary Predictions - b0ndsj0ns - 02-13-2020 02:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.