Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big 10 Proposal Would Allow Anyone To Transfer Anywhere Without Sitting Out a Year
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: Big 10 Proposal Would Allow Anyone To Transfer Anywhere Without Sitting Out a Year
(02-20-2020 04:52 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  
(02-20-2020 04:44 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  A Dennis Dodd piece with some reaction from college sources about the issues involved and where it may be heading. Once conclusion these sources had I found surprising--they think FCS and lower end P5 schools will be the hardest hit by the change. I would think the G5 would be the hardest hit in terms of losing star power.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...ue-sports/

I can see that. If you are a player who emerges from 2 star to 4 star playing at say Temple, Troy or Utah State, you'll transfer to a B1G, SEC or P12 school to be seen as an elite player for the NFL. SJSU lost Brandon Clarke to Gonzaga in Basketball, so yeah I see that type of transfer in Football coming.

But I still support it. I think players, just like regular students, should be able to change their school in hopes of improving their professional careers to follow. The restrictions are artificial attempts to control players for the benefit of coaches who recruit them out of HS -- like being trapped in a record contract that only benefits the producer.

Freedom of movement is long overdue and every player's right.

I dont really care if they do it---they just need to think it out. Transfers are going to become FAR more common if there is no penalty. So, you need to allow schools losing kids to transfer to reclaim those lost scholarships in the current year so they can quickly rebuild their numbers. So, if you lose 4 kids to transfer, you now have 29 scholarships to give that year instead of 25. If you lose 26 players after a coach leaves---you'd have 51 scholarships to give that year (subject to the 85 total scholarship cap of course). A rule like this is going to be incredibly important at schools where a coach gets poached and the team suffers a mass exodus of players. Thats going to happen fairly regularly I suspect.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2020 05:54 PM by Attackcoog.)
02-20-2020 05:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big 10 Proposal Would Allow Anyone To Transfer Anywhere Without Sitting Out a Year - Attackcoog - 02-20-2020 05:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.