Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big 10 Proposal Would Allow Anyone To Transfer Anywhere Without Sitting Out a Year
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
RE: Big 10 Proposal Would Allow Anyone To Transfer Anywhere Without Sitting Out a Year
(02-04-2020 11:39 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(02-04-2020 11:36 AM)esayem Wrote:  
(02-04-2020 08:36 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(02-04-2020 08:03 AM)esayem Wrote:  
(02-03-2020 07:05 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  I read today that this one-time transfer rule already exists for most NCAA sports, the only athletes who have to sit out a year are football, men's and women's hoops, baseball, and ice hockey.

To me, there's zero justification for having a different rule for athletes in those five sports, so I am convinced more than ever that the B1G proposal is correct.

It would be interesting to know the transfer numbers of athletes in those non-revenue sports (and non-athletes on scholarships for that matter). The rule was probably implemented to prevent the recruiting of current college athletes, because that will surely be the outcome of this.

To me, there is no good reason for different rules for athletes in different sports. The rule is just a way for the schools to keep "their" athletes in those sports, make it hard for them to leave.

Let’s not ignore the elephant in the room here, nobody goes pro from college gymnastics and swimming. The rules are different because the reality is different.

I don’t think it’s fair for unrestricted coach movement, but not player movement. It’s not totally restricted player movement, they just have to sit out a year or play JuCo.

I also see this turning very ugly in the underground recruiting scene, and to think the conferences won’t set-up restrictions anyway would be naive. No way will a Michigan player be allowed to transfer to Ohio State without sitting out.

Baker Mayfield.

(didn't have to sit out after leaving Texas Tech for Oklahoma)

Did he have a scholarship?
02-04-2020 11:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big 10 Proposal Would Allow Anyone To Transfer Anywhere Without Sitting Out a Year - esayem - 02-04-2020 11:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.