Boise State Lawsuit against the MWC
B easy Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
RE: Boise State Lawsuit against the MWC
(01-26-2020 10:35 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(01-26-2020 09:45 AM)johnbragg Wrote:  
(01-26-2020 09:26 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(01-26-2020 01:42 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Its not a breach. Boise can ask. The MW can say no. I dont see how either action constitutes a breach because neither action violates the terms of the deal. However, accepting the FOX deal over the Boise objection DOES violate the specific terms of the deal (that may even constitute fraud). Additionally, unilaterally ending the deal by a conference vote is also in direct conflict with the specific terms of the agreement. Violating specific terms in the agreement is where you get a breach.

Agree about Boise asking for more, that's not a breach, unless the original $1.8m deal had a clause that said neither side will ever ask to change the deal, which is highly unlikely.

But disagree about that vote to end the $1.8m bonus as of 2026. That's a meaningless vote until you actually miss a payment. It's like my family can hold a vote tomorrow to stop making our mortgage payment and the bank may find out about it, but until we actually miss a payment the bank has no cause of action. Until then it's just words.

IANAL, but I expect that if you send a letter to the bank saying you're not making any payments after June 1, the bank might be able to start some kind of legal process.

Sure, IANAL too, but I guess they could send a letter back to you reminding you of your contractual obligation and threatening action if a payment is missed?

Exactly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripeness
01-26-2020 12:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Boise State Lawsuit against the MWC - YNot - 01-22-2020, 02:14 PM
RE: Boise State Lawsuit against the MWC - B easy - 01-26-2020 12:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.