stever20 Online
Legend

I Root For: Sports
RE: Boise State Lawsuit against the MWC
(01-22-2020 07:34 PM)YNot Wrote:  
(01-22-2020 07:18 PM)stever20 Wrote:  
(01-22-2020 07:10 PM)YNot Wrote:  
(01-22-2020 06:53 PM)stever20 Wrote:  
(01-22-2020 06:51 PM)SoCalBobcat78 Wrote:  I personally did not see this coming. The lawsuit changes everything. Now I can see a divorce coming soon. In the short run, it will hurt the MWC. In the long run, I think the MWC will win this battle. I think Boise State is going to lose a lot of California recruits. They would have to make up for it in improved Texas recruiting. Plus, the AAC will be a challenge for them.

If this happens, MWC basketball will not be affected and they will probably stay at 11 for football until they find an acceptable alternative to Boise State. It is not something that they would need to rush into.
Financially, the big question is the TV contract. Does Fox and CBS want the MWC without Boise State football? How much TV revenue per school?

I think the real X factor is San Diego St. The AAC was very friendly with SDSU and they left on really good terms. It would be really easy to see the AAC getting both of those. And that then totally impacts the basketball- both takes them down to only 9 teams(so only 16 games round robin) and also takes away by far their best team(only team in top 75 in the NET right now).

If the CBS/FOX deal is worth $45M, I could easily see ESPN justify $21M+ for just Boise State, SDSU, and Air Force as part of an AAC expansion.

ESPN and the AAC (and Boise, SDSU, & Air Force) could all come out ahead compared to what might have been had ESPN matched the full CBS/FOX offer to the MWC.

Yep. And with those 3 you can even think about adding Boise/SDSU for everything- eastern teams can easily do a Thursday/Saturday type of thing doubling up the road games. Air Force wouldn't- but they wouldn't have a problem finding somewhere to play.

That's where you could also envision Gonzaga and BYU holding some interest in this potential development. The AAC western expansion would provide regional road games and rivalry-esque home games (among Gonzaga, BYU, Boise, and SDSU) and some 2-game road trips to Texas/Midwest and East Coast against High Major opponents. Hmmmmm.

And BYU has had several football series with AAC schools thru the years so they have a fairly decent relationship with the AAC you would think.
01-22-2020 07:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Boise State Lawsuit against the MWC - YNot - 01-22-2020, 02:14 PM
RE: Boise State Lawsuit against the MWC - stever20 - 01-22-2020 07:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.