RutgersGuy Offline
All American

I Root For: Rutgers
RE: Are BYU and VCU "mid-majors" in college hoops
(02-03-2020 11:22 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(02-03-2020 10:56 AM)RutgersGuy Wrote:  
(02-03-2020 08:47 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(02-03-2020 06:06 AM)RutgersGuy Wrote:  
(02-03-2020 05:26 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Disagree Northwestern would have NCAA appearances if in the WCC or some other conference. Heck, there is a better chance they would have been even worse. Their recruiting would have suffered, not having the B10 carrot to dangle in front of recruits.

And the flip side is with the Zags taking on more losses in a tougher conference and missing some NCAA's they don't get as good of players they are getting now.

My point was you can't compare NCAA appearance #'s between the top of a 1-2 bid league and the bottom of a 6-9 bid league.

Maybe-- I can't speak for the Zags, all I know is that my alma mater is now called a mid-major when we have a better history than 85% of the so-called P5+BE. We're compeititve now, put UC in a power conference and we are kicking everyone's arse.

Not to start anything but just to set the record straight. UC was in a power conference when they were in the Big East and they were perennially in the middle of the pack of the conference.

Oh boy... you realize the program put itself on a self-imposed death sentence when they fired Huggins, right? The team had one scholarship player with a bunch of NAIA guys that first year in the Big East (plus they borrowed Connor Barwin from the football team). It took several years to dig out of that, but by 2010-2011 they won 26 games. They following year the Bearcats went to the Sweet 16. What was Rutgers's excuse for their piss-poor showing in hoops. When UC and Rutgers were in the Big East, your team would win 3-5 conference games a year. That's pathetic!

Ironically, you are making my point. Rutgers basketball finally has a pulse-- and its all due to your B10 affiliation.

What does Rutgers have to do with your claim that if cincy was in a power conference they would kick ass? You were in a power conference and you didn’t. You picked UC’s best season (which they finished tied for fourth) but fail to mention they went 9-9 the following season finishing 9th. In fact they finished below 8th all but 2 times as a member of a power conference. Those are facts, attacks on my school have no bearing on what Cincy actually did with their opportunity in a big boy league.
02-03-2020 11:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are BYU and VCU "mid-majors" in college hoops - RutgersGuy - 02-03-2020 11:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.