Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Team Trump Awards Itself Participation Trophy
mrbig Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
RE: Team Trump Awards Itself Participation Trophy
(01-31-2020 02:00 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  Perhaps the point owl is making though is that undocumented immigrants who have a child here, the child gets free healthcare and education... which of course is good for the parents as well.

The point Owl seems to be making is that all these policies endear illegal aliens to the left, and nothing you've said really refutes this.

Respectfully, 69/70/75 made his own point, so no need for you or me to interpret it. He wrote "Leftists see a steady stream of illegal immigrants as steady supply of future leftist voters." That is what I initially responded to with my 01-wingedeagle. I think that is silly talk.

The idea that modern democratic policies treat immigrants and asylum seekers more humanely and with more compassion than modern conservative policies does not mean democrats support those policies to "see a steady stream of illegal immigrants as steady supply of future leftist voters."

We can have a reasonable discussion about the specifics of immigration reform. I have no doubt that 69/70/75 and myself could hammer out an agreement that would probably pass with a majority in the House and Senate (not that McConnell would bring it to the floor for a vote or that Trump would approve it). But I wouldn't be arguing for my side because it would encourage a steady stream of illegal immigrants who may eventually become voters who may eventually support democrats. I would do it because I believed it was best for the country.
01-31-2020 04:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Team Trump Awards Itself Participation Trophy - mrbig - 01-31-2020 04:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.