Bookmark and Share
highplainsbison Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NDSU
RE: National Championship JMU Versus NDSU January 11, 2020
(01-06-2020 03:42 PM)JMad03 Wrote:  
(01-06-2020 02:37 PM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  
(01-06-2020 01:57 PM)Bison01 Wrote:  
(01-06-2020 01:14 PM)PurpleStreamers Wrote:  [quote='Deez Nuts' pid='16592172' dateline='1578333398'] thus the "but transfers..."

The more I look into the transfer situation, the more it seems they’ve played a significant roll for JMU this season.

A quick scan finds about 11 transfers. Not all appear to be FBS dropdowns.

Starting QB - transfer

2nd string RB and 2nd on team in rushing yards - transfer

Leading receiver ~1200 yards and 11 tds - transfer

Another receiver with ~700 yards and 8 tds - transfer

Leading tackler? And well-recognized/awarded DE - transfer

A safety with 56 tackles and 2 int - transfer

LB with 56 total tackles and played in all 15 games - transfer

2 OL, one of whom appears to have only played about 6 games, and the other no action - transfers

A DL who played in 3 games - transfer

———————

That’s a good proportion of your production on both sides of the ball. It seems a bit extreme to so vehemently deny the transfer effect when it appears to be alive and well at JMU. 04-cheers

ok, i'll take the bait and educate our Bizzzzzzzon friend.

QB, Dinucci - yep, a transfer and a hired gun. That's 1

RB, Hamilton - played 1 year at UCF, where he did see time. But he will be a 3 year Duke. not really a mercenary/hired gun to make a run with.

WR, Polk - yep, a senior transfer and a hired gun. No question. There's 2

TE, Stapleton - walked on to play with his brother. Came from a lower level D2 school. is that really a "transfer" the way you people are thinking of? I don't believe he even really played much at his D2 school. We made him a great TE.

DL, Rondell Carter. been with us 3 years. had 5 tackles in his 1 year in Rutgers. is he really a mercenary transfer? no. we developed him into what he is. EEEEEHHH. Wrong. no dice here

S, Davis - only saw game action in 2 games at Ohio St. Had ZERO tackles. Will be at JMU for 3 years. a mercenary?? EHHHHHH. Wrong again

LB, Word - he will have played 3 years at JMU, only 1 at UVA where he did see some time as a freshmen. But again, majority of time and development at JMU. call this a push.

OL, Truvell Wilson - again, came from a D2 school and will be a 3 year player for us. Is that some guy we got from a P5 power that saw playing time? I don't think so. We made him a solid player on our line.

i don't even know who the other OL and DL you are referring to are.

why not mention Daka, Holloway, R. Stapleton, Ageyi, Robinson, Fornadel. Amos, Greene, Smith..... all decorated all american and all conference players. All came as frosh.

other than Dinucci, Polk, and MAYBE Word and Hamilton (who will both be 3 year JMU players) there is no mercenary/hired gun culture here. We develop our guys and fill in 1, 2, MAYBE 3 spots here or there in certain situations.

the Transfer U. argument is just lazy and incorrect.

Forgot a really important part of this... many of the transfers were recruited by JMU out of high school and some even had offers.
And then there's this: JMU did nothing wrong. They try to brand it as a Scarlett letter on JMU like we did something wrong or that's the only reason. Let's not forget these athletes are also students. There's an academic part to this where they all had to meet requirements and not only did they do that, but have done so as model students.
It's a weak argument. Just as weak as NDSU not able to fill their roster with state talent. They do what they need to do within the rules. Neither option is against the rules.
If they want to use that to make them feel better about losing to us.. so be it. I won't be losing any sleep over it watching the Dukes hoist the title again.

Nobody gives a **** about your transfers....good on ya. And the Bison ain"t losing or losing sleep to the Duke's.
01-06-2020 04:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: National Championship JMU Versus NDSU January 11, 2020 - highplainsbison - 01-06-2020 04:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.