BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
RE: National Championship JMU Versus NDSU January 11, 2020
(01-01-2020 07:57 PM)formerjmusprinter84 Wrote:  
(01-01-2020 02:27 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  
(01-01-2020 02:10 PM)highplainsbison Wrote:  
(01-01-2020 12:00 PM)fishingduke12 Wrote:  
(01-01-2020 11:41 AM)Purple Wrote:  Exactly! I find it hard to believe that we have posters here who actually saw your game against Montana State and believe that Watson is no threat. I hope our coaches aren't overlooking this kid.

He touched the ball five times against Montana State and led all rushers and all receivers. He ran an end-around for a 70-yard touchdown and had a 75-yard touchdown reception.

Assume I am right for a minute, and NDSU really didn't understand before the MSU game what this kid was capable of. Don't look at what he did in September and compare that to all of the other receivers we have faced. Look at what he did last time out. Again, five touches, two touchdowns of 70 and 75 yards, and he led all rushers and all receivers from both teams.

I think we should put our fastest d-back on him and jam him at the line, allowing our defense time to get to Lance.

I expect him to get more than five touches against us. If we sleep on this guy, he is going to burn us. I guarantee you Cig is not saying, "Well, he hasn't done much all year, therefore, he is no threat."

I find it extremely hard to believe that NDSU's coaches, who have seen this kid play for over a year, did not know what he is capable of and if that is the case they shouldnt be coaching. Nobody on here has said that Watson is no threat but I think people are making him out to be the best receiver we have ever seen. NDSU's offense does not run through one player at all. You could make the argument that if you had to pick one player it would be Lance and not Watson

MSU's defense was exposed and their team speed was not great. It's not a matter of them recruiting slow DBs on purpose as you said but just that the DBs they have arent that fast. Many explosive plays, especially ones that come from a hand off or quick pass as Watson's were in the semis are mainly because of missed assignments by the defense. An end around should never go for a touchdown if the defense follow their assignments and I believe JMU's Defense is quite a bit smarter, faster and better than MSU. Remember the 75 yard run by the QB from WM early in the year? Was that because he was better than everyone on our defense or was it beside our LB's did not fit the right gap?
You're right. On offense, this is one of the most diverse Bison teams that i've seen. Everybody gets involved. They have a stable of very good RB's, plus Lance has 934 yds to go along with 14 TD's. It'll be interesting to see if they can get their running game going against the Dukes stout run D. Trench warfare for sure.

The Dukes may as well stay in Harrisonburg, clearly with the emergence of this Watson kid, Lance, and getting everyone getting a piece of the action, my Dukes are in for an a$$ whooping. This is not going to end well. Too much for the team in purple.

03-lmfao
[/quote]
04-cheers
01-01-2020 08:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: National Championship JMU Versus NDSU January 11, 2020 - BleedingPurple - 01-01-2020 08:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.