Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2019-20-21 College Football Coaching Carousel
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
Exclamation RE: 2019-20-21 College Football Coaching Carousel
In case you missed it:

Why did Josh Heupel want to become the Tennessee football coach? To 'chase championships'

Quote:Danny White changed jobs. He kept his football coach.

Tennessee on Wednesday announced Josh Heupel as its new coach. Heupel, 42, was 28-8 the past three seasons at Central Florida, which was his first head coaching opportunity.

White had been UCF’s athletics director from 2015 until taking the job at Tennessee last week. He previously hired Heupel to replace Scott Frost at UCF in December 2017.

“I just kind of realized that the best option was the guy that I’ve been working with for the last three years,” White said of Heupel's hiring.

Heupel promises to bring an exciting brand of offense to Tennessee. UCF ranked in the top eight nationally in scoring offense in each of his three seasons.

we could use some of that on S. Main.

Quote: “We’re going to play with tempo here,” Heupel said. “We’re going to be the aggressor.”
...but can they play with "intellectual brutality"?

Quote:“I don’t know how we could deliver offense more than we just did (with this hire)," White said. "We’re going to move the ball and score some points.”
...again.

Quote:"The reason that I’m standing here today is because I believe in a very, very, very bright future for Tennessee football,” Heupel said. “I believe that there’s a minor speed bump that we’re going through, but the kids that are in our program right now and the kids that are being recruited are all going to have an opportunity to go play and chase championships.”

yeah, we can't really do that here, can we? (not that we've really tried all that much)

Quote:Heupel received a six-year deal worth $4 million annually. His buyout for leaving UCF is about $3.5 million.
if you want to play, you gots to pay...we don't really do that here, do we?

Quote:Heupel's first season at UCF was his best. He went 12-1 after replacing Frost, following Frost's 13-0 campaign. Frost departed for Nebraska.

UCF's lone loss during Heupel's inaugural season was a 40-32 defeat to LSU in the Fiesta Bowl. The Knights finished 10-3 in 2019 and went 6-4 this season.

...hey! WE lost to LSU also! We're exactly the same-- 'cept different.

Quote:While UCF's offense remained prolific under Heupel, it plummeted on defense in 2020, ranking 123rd nationally in total defense and 92nd in scoring defense.
...Hey! our defense is near the bottom of the list, too! Again, we're just the same!

Quote:Heupel's salary at UCF was $2.3 million after a contract extension and a raise during the 2018 season that took his contract's expiration to Jan. 15, 2024.
..for those wonderin' what it takes to compete in the AAC (never mind the ACC), here's some of your answer.

Quote:Heupel has a proven track record of developing quarterbacks, a position that has been a wart for Tennessee since Joshua Dobbs’ final season in 2016.
Hey! We've had lots of warts at QB for a long time, too! We're Amigos!

Quote:Heupel's latest challenge will be his stiffest: Rebuilding Tennessee's program amid the threat of NCAA penalties.
HA! If he wants a REALLY Stiff Challenge, try re-building Rice's program amid the threat of our Admin and Athletic Dept!

Quote:“I’m excited about what we’re embarking on," he said.
..hmmm, sounds quite different from "I need a steady paycheck from my ol' college bud-row, as long as I don't rock the boat I can stay a long while (unless I win the school's first ever nat'l championship--then I'll be kicked to the curb by that very same fellow!)

OK, that concludes our football entertainment for the season. Gotta find someone new to run up the middle for a loss for next season.
02-04-2021 02:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019-20-21 College Football Coaching Carousel - GoodOwl - 02-04-2021 02:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.