Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2019-20-21 College Football Coaching Carousel
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
RE: 2019-20 College Football Coaching Carousel
(12-02-2019 11:36 AM)GoodOwl Wrote:  UTSA fires Frank Wilson after four seasons as football coach

UTSA coach Frank Wilson has been fired after four seasons with the Roadrunners, athletic director Lisa Campos announced Sunday morning.

The news comes less than 24 hours after UTSA closed a 4-8 season with a 41-27 loss to Louisiana Tech on Saturday night in Ruston, La.

Wilson finishes his tenure at UTSA with a 19-29 record in four seasons.

Campos said Wilson, the second head coach in UTSA’s history, “continued to build on the foundation of a young football program.”

Again, doing the math for our current head coach to match UTSA's just fired coach next season: we'd have to win 14 games, so, 12-0, plus CUSA Championship win, plus Access Bowel win (just kidding, they'd likely never let us play in that even if we went 20-0 in a season.) But, wait, next season is only season 2, I mean 3, well, how do you account for "year Zero?" So, good news, to match UTSA's standard of fireable offenses after 4 seasons, we'd have to only win 7 games each of next two years. Now, two 7-4 seasons would show a little progress from where the program's sunk to, but we'd have to start going 1 loss or undefeated several years in a row from there for it not to be some kind of 'plateau.'
[/quote]

Everybody is on a plateau. We just want to be on a higher one, the highest one if we can.

Saban is learning how it feels to fall off the highest plateau.

I don't know if Bloom can get us higher, but I do know that a bowl or even a conference championship is not the highest plateau to which we should aspire. They are but steps on the way. I think we need to get to the plateau where an 11-1 regular season is a down year. At least that is where I want to go. Aim for the top.
12-02-2019 11:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019-20 College Football Coaching Carousel - OptimisticOwl - 12-02-2019 11:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.