Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: 2019-20 College Football Coaching Carousel
(11-27-2019 10:30 PM)ExcitedOwl18 Wrote:  
(11-27-2019 09:55 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(11-27-2019 03:21 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  
(11-26-2019 08:27 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  My guy Alex Grinch's OU defense was back last week, holding TCU to 11 first downs and 204 yards. For the season, even with a couple of lapses, OU is giving up 25 PPG, versus 33 last year. He probably won't get a head coaching job this year, but he's not far away. He is far away from our price range now. If Riley goes to the NFL, he might get a shot at the OU job.
Actually, the only reason that may well be the case is because our school chooses it to be so. HE is not more out of Rice's price range than any other coach. The market works.
He’s at $1.4 million as OU DC. He’ll be in line for a P5 HC job in a year or two. He’s out of range for any G5.
Then how did UH hire Dana? Bobo at CSU? Harsin at BSU? Etc, etc.
P5 aspirations on a 3A budget. Pretty much describes Rice.

I don’t know much about Bobo to CSU.

But Dana got the job at WVU under circumstances that looked a lot like shoving Bill Stewart aside. If Stewart had any friends among the support group, they may we’ll have had it in for Dana. And while Dana’s teams scored a lot and were innovative on offense, they didn’t play enough defense to win any championships. So the seat at WVU might well have been warm enough for Dana to want to make a pre-emptive move. There has been some speculation in that direction.

Harsin is just the latest in a train of good hires at Boise—Nutt, Koetter, Hawkins, Petersen, now Harsin. They haven’t been afraid to hire guys with higher ambitions because they trusted their ability to hire replacements. As a result, those guys have built consistent winners to build their resumes, which has helped both sides. Some people have said that we need to hire someone who wants to stay at Rice. I disagree. Someone who wants to stay at Rice is happy going 7-6, 3-9, 2-10, 4-8, 5-7, 8-5, 10-4, 7-6, rinse and repeat. I don’t want anyone who is happy with that.
11-28-2019 01:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019-20 College Football Coaching Carousel - Owl 69/70/75 - 11-28-2019 01:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.