Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
RE: 2019 M Basketball CAA Non Conference
(11-30-2019 07:47 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  
(11-30-2019 07:24 PM)82hawk Wrote:  
(11-30-2019 07:18 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  
(11-30-2019 07:14 PM)82hawk Wrote:  
(11-30-2019 05:21 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  They had 14 steals in the game.

Still cannot believe UNCG has surpassed UNCW in basketball by copying our success using the press, as we abandonded it.

I see the point of your post, but technically we didn’t abandon it. It abandoned us. We didn’t choose to change coaches. That decision was made for us. There’s no evidence to say there was another coach out there available that would have played the same system with the same success.

Unlike UNCW’s mistakes abandoning Brownell basketball success, this wasn’t our doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Siddle. And regardless of why, we moved away from a system that was successful completey, while UNCG picked up that same system and has now surpassed us. we had the players, we had the system for long term succes and we left it. It's a damned shame. No way UNCW should be behind UNCG in basketball.

I agree on where we should be, that is a certainty. What is not a certainty was whether or not Siddle would be successful. Sure, he was K’s assistant but that doesn’t equal a hill of beans in terms of certainty which is why I said there was no guarantee in terms of success. Hell, we don’t even know if Siddle would have stuck with the same system (likely, but not guaranteed). On top of that K had already taken pieces and there’s no guarantee recruits would have stayed.

There’s a lot of moving parts there that you’re assuming would have played out perfectly.

Keatts is hardly successful at NCSU. Was he really ready for that jump? In the same light would Siddle who had relatively little coaching experience have been ready? Maybe. Maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have to agree with you here on one thing, there is no guarantee Siddle would have been successful. It's making a lot of assumptions to say he would. Very good Chance CJ takes off regardless, and hes the guy along with Vonte that could have kept him afloat.

I do though agree with 82, We should have hired a coach that would have at least floated one of the similar styles to what has worked for us recently. Honestly, The first questions I ask in the interview if i'm Bass is what do you envision your team being? What Style would you like to play?
11-30-2019 07:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 M Basketball CAA Non Conference - Seahawkhoops - 11-30-2019 07:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.