WhoseHouse? Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UH
RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) ***
(04-11-2021 07:10 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  
(04-11-2021 06:45 PM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  
(04-11-2021 06:28 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  
(04-11-2021 06:16 PM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  
(04-11-2021 06:06 PM)StillJonesing Wrote:  I don't recall making any predictions on Grimes last year. I was right about his first year but he had shown enough improvements that I had already back off him. I also never said he couldn't be good at some point only that when he was a freaking 8 PER player at Kansas that he wasn't going to come in and dominate the AAC the next year like you were crowing about and he didn't so my predictions aren't all that bad.

He was completely average that first year so to have the kind of leap he did last year was unexpected and anyone banking on it was riding on blind faith because the performance to suggest that didn't exist. It's not like any of you were predicting him AAC POY AA or anyone else was so don't pretend you saw this coming when you had him ranked behind multiple other players in the AAC even.

You got a hell of a coach basically.

Again Houston fans knew how good he was. Literally no one was even remotely surprised by what he did for us. You should just avoid speaking about players outside of your own program.

Right bro. That's why Pesik had him 9th and in the AAC and 2nd on your own team. That's why the coaches voted Mills preseason POY and Grimes wasn't even on either preseason teams LOL. Sure you saw and AA season coming. Nice revisionist history.

You're on here trying to act like no one saw this year coming, that's the only revisionist history I see. You were probably the only person on this board that didn't realize what Grimes was capable of. I have no idea why you hate the Grimes so much but I hope this episode has taught you to stay in your own lane.

What the hell ever, I nailed his first year at Houston. He was a hell of a lot closer to my expections that year than where you guys were putting him top 5 AAC player etc. I made no predictions on last year, I've hardly even posted in fact. Infact I remember saying point blank that I never said he couldn't be good at some point. He had already shown enough improvements that he wasn't the pure dog **** he was at Kansas that I hadn't ruled that out.

Had I ranked him I would have probably put him around 15th which isn't even that much worse than 9th like your Houston homer that lives on this board and had Yetna ranked #1 LOL. I think he was like 20 in AAC PER returning. Other coaches and media outlets that didn't have him in the top 10 in the AAC either. Hey but pretend you saw this or anyone really did.

I'll give the Grimes credit where it's due, he was a hell of a player last year and it shows up in the stats. Again, amazing how that works right when you actually play good you have good stats. He clearly wasn't his first year at Houston like I expected but where were you then? Now you are going to try to claim victory when your ilk had him 9th and behind Mills LOL and Yetna #1 yeah right. Maybe you guys should stop predicting.

I will agree with you on one thing. Mills being POY was a joke, I never thought he was even the best player on your team either with his horrific .480 true shooting percentage. If I've learned any lesson on this crazy outlier leap it's don't bet again Sampson he's a hell of a coach.

Lmao you're a clown. We told you multiple times throughout the previous season that he was dealing with injury issues and you completely ignored it. We said that if he got healthy, his second year in the system would be monstrous. You celebrated his 2019-2020 season like you were Nostradamus. Grimes vindicated himself and every UH fan who believed in him with his play this season. The fact that you're on here trying to act like you weren't completely wrong about the kid is hilarious. You're one of the worst posters on this site because you never admit being wrong. Just do us all a favor and stick to hyping up ECU's juco players. You're out of your depth talking about the other players in this league.
04-11-2021 07:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - WhoseHouse? - 04-11-2021 07:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.