*** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) ***
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) ***
(05-28-2020 11:47 AM)pesik Wrote:  
(05-28-2020 11:22 AM)invisiblehand Wrote:  
(05-28-2020 10:57 AM)pesik Wrote:  

So, you posted a video of him scoring which had a ton of buckets from a single game against us and nearly all of them were on wide open three's where we had to rotate a forward (Horne + Igbanu over and over agin) to cover him. And you're calling that "iso scoring on elite defenders" No offense to Horne or Igbanu, but they weren't perimeter defenders and they weren't iso'd on him. They were closeout rotations. You guys had a good gameplan for that game that screwed with our defense. We'll see if you can do it again, because we won at our place.

I have never said anything about Grimes but I will say now that he's good but doesn't perform to his recruiting rankings. I'm not scared of Dejon at all. Sasser is a good player, no qualms against him. Mills is hugely inefficient. He was able to do that because he had guys like Hinton and White cleaning up his missed buckets with offensive rebounds. Depending on what happens with recruiting, he's unlikely to have that level of rebounding production unless your two tall freshmen turn out to be absolute studs on the boards. (They could be or they could not be)

If anything, I would argue that Houston losing its best offensive rebounders is going to hurt Mills' team contribution because his (frequent) misses are going to mean a lot more.

every game in there wasnt tulsa...tulsa runs a zone and doesnt iso.. there was a total of ONE open shot vs tulsa, he scored 27...not sure you understand what open shot means ..blowing by a defender to get a layup isnt an open shot.
please reference these open shots

and the @tulsa highlights arent in the video but he had 22pts @tulsa

as noted by jflight already..mills takes midranges, taking midranges will skew any efficiency stats...miggy noted how horrible inefficent jamarious burton was, when he was giving a horrible take that he was bad.. noting his 2pt% which wasnt good, but when you split post points from mid ranges.. he was elite in post %, and elite in mid-ranges% he just to alot of midranges ..49% on midrange is elite, but a flat 49% on 2pts is horrible ..context matters

ps that last part was referring to SJ not you -- but since you responded
dejon is a passer, whats there to be scared off, but dejon had 16 @tulsa, 7pts 6ast, 5rbs at home that he barely played because it was a 30pt blowout ...dejon with hinton gone will likely lead us in asst, rebounds, blocks and steals ..averaging 8-10pts a game

I'm not trying to say Mills is terrible... he's not. He's an inefficient scorer on a really high volume. But without rebounders cleaning up for him, he's going to have a tougher go of things in terms of contributions to wins and losses.

P.S. Dejon will also lead Houston in bpg (bites per game) 04-chairshot
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2020 12:03 PM by invisiblehand.)
05-28-2020 11:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - invisiblehand - 05-28-2020 11:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.