quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: NCAA Prez Mark Emmert Speaks on California Fair Play Act
(10-17-2019 05:48 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  
(10-17-2019 11:38 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(10-16-2019 05:48 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(10-16-2019 10:08 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(10-15-2019 02:40 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  No coog you can get in, and i fact you had a legit **** at getting in a couple years back until your cougars choked it away. They would have been invited that year....

Do you have road blocks because the P5 won't give you the street-cred... yes, but you can still crash the party under the right circumstances.... and by not choking when you had the chance.

Yes, I agree, I think Houston would have made the CFP had they run the table that year.

Coog and others want a handout - they want a guaranteed path to the playoffs without having to earn it. They want a gilded path where you don't have to prove yourself against tough P5 competition. But it's better if you have to play and beat good teams to be worthy of the playoffs because this isn't the NBA or NHL or NFL, where 40% to 50% of the teams get in. It's just 4 out of 132.

Really, the team with the most to complain about the past few years hasn't been UCF, they obviously have been unworthy of the playoff. No, it's Ohio State, arguably the most powerful single program in the country and a paragon of blue-blood. Yet that hasn't helped them make the CFP. E.g., last year Ohio State went 12-1 and won the B1G, and won the Rose Bowl, but were deemed not good enough for the CFP.

Bottom line is, if we were to make a list of say the 10 teams that were most deserving of the playoffs the past five years but were left out, all of them would be P5 teams, every single one.

The current CFP system is much harder on P5 than G5.

lol. I get it---when the facts dont support you--try to reframe the debate as a straw man argument. Its pretty obvious why you're forced to do that. The best a G5 can do is win all their games against the 66th best schedule in the land. Thats never going to be good enough. If you want to try to pass Bill Hancock propaganda off as reality, thats your business---but dont expect anyone with an IQ above the mid-two figure range to believe it. It is what it is. The current pinnacle of achievement or glass ceiling for a G5 is the access bowl under the current system. But hey--thats much better than it was just 2 decades ago.

The facts DO support me and do NOT support you. UCF was not the most deserving team left out of the playoffs in either 2017 or 2018. That's not a biased human claim, that's what the computers say.

PRWolfe had his computer ranking, and UCF was his number 1 team that was left out of the 2017 playoffs. UCF was ranked number 1 after the bowl games were over, and UCF claimed themselves as NC.

We all know about UCF's bogus national title claim, LOL. In any event, I think it was the Colley-Matrix computer that had UCF #1. That's the same computer that said Alabama was #1 in 2016 (despite losing to Clemson in the title game), and Notre Dame #1 in 2012 (despite losing to Alabama in the title game).

Not all computers are smart, LOL. That's why we look at a bunch of them.
10-17-2019 06:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NCAA Prez Mark Emmert Speaks on California Fair Play Act - quo vadis - 10-17-2019 06:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.