Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why doesn’t Southern Miss and Marshall join the Sun Belt?
UTEPDallas Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTEP/Penn State
RE: Why doesn’t Southern Miss and Marshall join the Sun Belt?
(12-19-2020 10:57 PM)bullet Wrote:  Lot of newbies think they run the conference.

ODU and UNCC bellyache about the western wing of the conference when USM and UAB are original members. Rice and UTEP have about 10 more years. Only Marshall from the east has as much time as Rice and UTEP.

Appalachian, Coastal Carolina, Georgia St. and Georgia Southern complain about Texas State who preceded 3 and came in at the same time as the other and is supported by schools who have been in 10-25 years longer than the 4 eastern schools.

If there's one fanbase that has the right to complain about the current make up of C-USA is Southern Mississippi. UAB fans have that right as well since they were part of C-USA 1.0. If I read one of their fans venting his frustration about the current state of the conference, I don't blame him. I actually know the feeling about being in a conference with a bunch of new schools (WAC from 1999-2005) so I completely understand their frustration.

Marshall, Rice and UTEP fans joined a conference in 2005 that looks way different but at least we knew the risks of joining a conference that could eventually be raided by the Big East. The rest, they knew the Texas centric conference they joined and I have no sympathy for them....especially Old Dominion and Charlotte fans. The two fan bases that I think are happy in C-USA are Louisiana Tech and North Texas fans. Don't really hear much from the Florida twins, they might be indifferent if they're in C-USA or the Sun Belt.

Southern Miss went from founding members of C-USA and being on an equal level with Louisville in football to sharing a conference with FCS call ups. UAB went from playing basketball with Louisville, Cincinnati, Marquette and DePaul to playing games in empty arenas in Miami and San Antonio. The only respectable basketball program from the 1.0 days is Charlotte and they regret leaving the A-10 to start a new FBS program.
12-22-2020 01:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why doesn’t Southern Miss and Marshall join the Sun Belt? - UTEPDallas - 12-22-2020 01:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.