The last 3 teams we've played are 9-2 on the year
Bookmark and Share
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
RE: The last 3 teams we've played are 9-2 on the year
(09-23-2019 10:16 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  
(09-23-2019 09:44 AM)BeagleUSM Wrote:  
(09-22-2019 09:01 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  It’s not about who we’ve lost to, it’s how we’ve lost. There are plenty of teams Bama will blow out this year, but we weren’t just blown out. We were outclassed.

NO ****.

They have 70 blue chips and several first rounders. Of course they kicked our ass. They're going to "outclass" most teams on their schedule.

I think you miss my point entirely. I don't doubt their talent being overwhelmingly better than ours, but I'm referring to how we played. When our DBs aren't turning around to chase a receiver until five seconds after they pass them, that's a problem. When every play an announcer is talking about how a Bama player is wide open, that's a problem. Those aren't talent issues, those are coaching issues. There'll be plenty of teams with similar talent that will be completely destroyed by Bama, but they won't be completely destroyed by Bama's third string.

It's the difference between a team trying and blowing you out versus a team treating you like their little brother's JV squad that they play to make them feel good, but aren't worried in the slightest.

You may not have watched the game but we had receivers wide open to. We don’t have two Heisman candidates as receivers on the field at one time so, yes they might have been wide open more often but l got to ask WHAT THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT? Do you seriously expect us to have those guys blanketed on every down. Sure you do because you are wishing and hoping and unrealistic.
Don’t forget the running back they have that could take it to the house on any play. I’m sure our safeties and dbacks could just ignore THE NUMBER ONE RATED RUNNING BACK RECRUIT IN THE NATION and concentrate on coverage of their Heisman guys on every down. Hate to tell you this but Monkens best team got handled about as bad by WKU in his sole CCG appearance.
09-23-2019 10:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The last 3 teams we've played are 9-2 on the year - SoMs Eagle - 09-23-2019 10:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.