Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2019-20 MLB Off Season/Hot Stove Thread
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
RE: 2019-20 MLB Off Season/Hot Stove Thread
(10-18-2019 10:10 AM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(10-18-2019 10:00 AM)stever20 Wrote:  
(10-18-2019 09:11 AM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  You guys act like the Nats buried the Dodgers. If Roberts brings in Maeda instead of Kershaw, it's the Dodgers in the WS and the Nats playing golf. Let's not act like the Dodgers have so many needs. Let's also not act like the Nats will be going into 2020 with the same roster. Strasburg will be a FA, as will Rendon and Kendrick. Arguably 3 of their 5 most important players in the postseason.

It's no guarantee with the Maeda instead of Kershaw. Still would have had to get thru 2 more innings.... With 1 of those being Jansen...

And I would say a #2 starter is a pretty huge need for the Dodgers. Kershaw sure as hell isn't a #2 right now(and frankly might not even be a #3).

Nats will be interesting. I think they'll retain at least one of Strasburg or Rendon. But they've shown the willingness to spend money in free agency, something some teams don't do.

With how dominant he looked, I'd say the Dodgers would have been the likely victor if they had used Maeda instead of Kershaw.

And yes, the Nats have shown the willingness to spend money. Although I wonder how long they can continue to get away with their ridiculous strategy of deferring large sums of money.

Maeda wouldn't have gone 2 innings. Meaning Jansen.... with all the pressure in the world.... no lock at all....

Nats have a lot of money coming their way soon from their TV deal. Been litigated a lot but that's close to being over... Plus a huge uptick in rights fees.
10-18-2019 10:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019-20 MLB Off Season/Hot Stove Thread - stever20 - 10-18-2019 10:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.