Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Create the best Cronin Era Bearcat team with $25
Bookmark and Share
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
RE: Create the best Cronin Era Bearcat team with $25
(09-16-2019 11:47 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  I put entirely too much thought into this. I started with the two guys I definitely wanted. I landed on Kilpatrick and Clark. I could see Cumberland above Kilpatrick after this season, but the bottom line is I want a pure scorer and Kilpatrick is the best we had under Mick. For my second I wanted a big who could fit perfectly with him. I think Clark's do everything mentality is huge.

The 1 dollar players mostly stink. I couldn't justify having any of them on the team except for Diarra so I'll grab him for some inside depth. I didn't want to spend more than 2 dollars on any bench spot so I landed on Guyn and Lojo as guys who can offer versatility from the wing/guard spots off the bench.

Now I have $10.00 for three roster spots. None of the $2.00 players can start on an ideal roster. So now I'm limited to one $4 and two $3. I really wanted Cash on this team, but ultimately I couldn't find a second big for $3.00 that could stay on the floor. DeBerry and Brooks are decent options, but both commit more than 5 fouls per 40 minutes. DeBerry was never a starter and Brooks could never stay on the floor against good teams.

Ultimately I went with Ellis over Justin Jackson and Kyle Washington. I like his length and athleticism. With the guys around him I think he'd be a nice center.

I went with Jenifer as my PG basically because Kilpatrick is going to handle the ball a ton so he can do what he does best and make smart passes / hit open threes. He's not Cash but I think he fills the spot nicely. I went Bishop at small forward to ad some defense.

PG Jenifer $3
SG Kilpatrick $5
SF Bishop $3
PF Clark $5
C Ellis $4

B Guyn $2
B Lojo $2
B Diarra $1

I still don't get what people see with Lance. I feel like we watched 2 different guys at UC. He had some moments, but ultimately was an incredibly inefficient player that didn't make his teammates better. Can't justify spending $5 on him.

I can see your beef with Lance, based purely on his production his freshman year. But if I am thinking about the guy as a whole- he has managed to stay in the NBA for a long time and log significant minutes- which is better than any other Cronin product. He will have moments where he looks like the best player on the floor, and other times you just don’t notice him other than blowing in someone’s ear.

Mostly I would just like to watch him playing air guitar when he hits a 3.

09-16-2019 11:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Create the best Cronin Era Bearcat team with $25 - Bearcatbdub - 09-16-2019 11:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.