2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
(06-27-2020 06:40 AM)ausowl Wrote:  
(06-26-2020 05:39 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(06-26-2020 05:17 PM)mrbig Wrote:  
(06-26-2020 12:54 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  I will bet anyone here, $100 straight up, that Biden will refuse to do any 'in person' debates.

If the counterparty doesnt want to have a 'direct line' to me, I will buy Webb a beer (maybe more) and he can be the payoff money intermediary.

If we do it as a donation to a non-political charity instead, I would happily accept. Win or lose amongst ourselves, a charity will win.

Trump's debate problem is that he doesn't know how to do anything other than appeal to his base. Biden's debate problem is that he is boring and stumbles over his words on occasion. Unless the political landscape changes dramatically before the debates, Trump's problem will be a bigger issue for him than Biden's problem. Just my prediction.

I will take the alteration with the non-political charity. How about we designate that recipient here:

I nominate:

Innocence Project
Wounded Warriors
Ronald McDonald House
Tanq's Beermaking Supplies for Any Charity

Pick from one of those above, or put three of your own real nominees up for me to choose from.

Edited to add: I agree that that there is no upside to Cheeto except for those who already would consider voting for him. I think the same calculus applies to Word Salad.

No offense, but out of the stated (and I use that term liberally here) positions, there are numerous that are a 'no deal, no how, no way' for me. Energy exploration and production, 2A (especially the garbage on 'assault weapons'), minimum wage, charter schools, cost of college, student debt, carbon emissions, increased taxes on corporations, increased taxes on wealth, increased capital gains taxes, his apparent 'dont worry about china'.

I dont think that Word Salad has any more room to 'grow the support' as does Cheeto. He does have the drawback of the very strong potential to live up to my caustic nickname in front of large live audiences, thus even for him the debate would be a net negative.

Innocence project for $100. Biden "in person." I assume you scare quote in person so Zoom debates count? Either way, I'm in. Can't lose.

Ausowl has the bet slot. Bet offer is closed to all other takers.

This is 'live debate' -- no e-debate.

If I lose, I will post a 'info redacted' receipt if requested. If you lose, I will take your Rice Honor Code past for it.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2020 11:26 AM by tanqtonic.)
06-27-2020 11:22 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
! - Rice93 - 04-27-2020, 09:12 AM
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread - tanqtonic - 06-27-2020 11:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.