RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
(05-14-2020 04:15 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(05-14-2020 03:48 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(05-14-2020 03:35 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(05-14-2020 03:25 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(05-14-2020 03:17 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  I don't give a flying **** about your claim, and therefore don't need to address it. Instead I am challenging your assertion that you think logically.

Ha, the truth comes out. At least you're admitting you're not actually trying to address my thought, and instead attack my personal competency.

Tanq is gonna roll in and scold you for such a blatant ad hom attack.

You would never address the logic by which you thought there was realistic possibility that Trump was a Russian asset.

I was NEVER addressing your thought, just your method of getting there. You were the one trying to keep me on your track.

I am sure you use logic in your engineering. But it all seems to go out the window in politics. So, If you want me to address your point, whatever it is, I will. But first give me the logic in the scenario you have supported that led to Trump selling himself in exchange for some Facebook ads. I asked first. Three years ago.

You can go back to my initial thoughts on Trump/Russia which were that is was unlikely Trump himself was directly involved, and that it was more likely people within the Trump campaign were coordinating.

Due to the number of meetings/contacts that were lied about or obscured, the obvious and tangible tactics that Russia used in primarily favoring one candidate, the Wikileaks communicationswith Roger Stone, and the inability for Trump and his campaign to initially say or do anything negative towards Russia, there was plenty of reason to investigate potential connections within the campaign after the Papadopoulos tip from Australia.

No smoking gun was found in the end, but that doesn't necessarily mean that looking for one wasn't logical.

But why look for one? All that stuff came later, used to justify the continuation, not the origination.

Other than Hillary lost, what were the reasons for an investigation? To find something, anything? To see if somebody had failed to register as an agent?

Did people think that Trump, around 2015, decided that if he was to have a chance at winning,he needed to win Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, and for that he needed for wikileaks to release her private emails without any doctoring? Was he so smart that he knew this a year and a half before the election? Sounds like an endorsement of how smart he is.

So he picked up the phone, and said, Vlad, do I have a deal for you. You have to do almost nothing, and you will own the world when we are done. I would contract out the hacking myself, but as you know, I have no real wealth and cannot afford it. So do this for me, and I will do...whatever you want. Just be sure to pitch a hissy fit whenever I help you, to fool those pesky Dims.

Flynn pleaded guilty in a plea deal to save his son. yet you keep listing it as a reason to be suspicious. I guess nobody you know or love has ever gotten between a rock and a hard place with the law.

The whole premise is ridiculous, but you defended it and still defend it, so that is why I call you on your use of logic.

The IG who has investigated the Mueller probe ran roughshod through the FBI for their FISA application, but you know what he still said?

He said that Operation Crossfire Hurricane was started correctly and on a solid basis.

It had nothing to do with Flynn. Flynn was investigated when intelligence agencies knew of his call with the Russians, and when Pence publicly announced to the world that Flynn had lied about the conversation, the FBI thought they could have a problem.

This is my last post, as you obviously don’t read a word I say and want to just keep hammering at your own personal talking points, given that I clearly said I have always thought that the Trump campaign staff, and not Trump himself, was the most likely guilty party.
05-14-2020 06:11 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
! - Rice93 - 04-27-2020, 09:12 AM
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread - RiceLad15 - 05-14-2020 06:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.