2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
(04-26-2020 08:29 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(04-26-2020 07:55 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(04-26-2020 07:32 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I was looking up the career of Stacey Abrams in case she does end up as the VP candidate for Biden. Two of the things I didn't know about her were she co-founded and served as the senior vice president of NOW Corp. (formerly NOWaccount Network Corporation), a financial services firm (nowaccount.com) and she also co-founded Nourish, Inc., a beverage company with a focus on infants and toddlers (nourishinc.com)
I wonder if people here (the usual suspects) think she is a career politician?

From looking at the NOW website, it appears that Lara Hodgson was the prime mover in both Nourish (which came first) and NOW, and Abrams was just along for the ride. Abrams is not even mentioned by name on the website, although there is one mention of "Lara and her business partner" [unnamed]. Could be they had a falling out, could be the Hodgson doesn't want the negatives associated with Abrams to rub off on her business, could be lots of things, I just find that interesting.

Whatever her involvement with NOW and Nourish, the time line is that she got her JD in 1999, became a tax attorney, and was in the Georgia legislature by 2007, and has been in politics ever since. So that would make 8 years law practice and 13 years politics.

Thinking about it, I would guess her involvement with Nourish and NOW was probably as legal and tax counsel in some capacity. Tanq could probably comment better than I as far as what exactly that might have involved.

Clearly, she doesn't looks like someone who ever had P&L operational responsibility.

She served as senior VP at NOW Corp. You’re dancing around saying that this doesn’t meet your criteria for having any P&L operational responsibility? So now someone has to be the primary mover and everyone else is just along for the ride?

LDS for sure.

You cannot tell from the title "senior VP" if she had any P&L responsibility. As usual, lefties are impressed with titles. Usually, the person at the top is where the buck stops, or the "primary mover" as you say. Do she co-sign any loans or guarantee any of them? Did she put up the financing to start those businesses? If so, where did her money to do so come from?
04-26-2020 09:00 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
! - Rice93 - 04-27-2020, 09:12 AM
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread - OptimisticOwl - 04-26-2020 09:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.