Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
mrbig Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
(03-03-2020 04:45 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  On what basis can you claim it is likely incorrect? What can you cite in support of your claim that my claim is 'likely incorrect".

Pot, kettle.

(03-03-2020 04:45 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  As I await yours that no deals were made.

OO, you have mastered the "art" of demanding that other people disprove a negative. Prove that every last racist in Charlottsville was bad beyond their racism even though there is no public info on most of the dudes at that rally, prove that the DNC isn't tilting the scales in favor of Biden even though there is no evidence that they are doing so, prove that Klobuchar/Buttigieg weren't pressured in some way on when to drop out even though there is no evidence to prove otherwise, etc.

Sorry, I have zero interest in playing that game. I can't prove any of those negatives any more than:
  • I can prove you are not wearing an invisible hat right now;
  • I can prove that fairies don't exist;
  • I can prove that we are not actually in a computer simulation;
  • I can prove that I can't prove a negative.

(03-03-2020 12:39 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
mrbig Wrote:
(03-03-2020 12:39 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Lots of reasons for people to drop out - but why yesterday, and why the rush to support Biden?

Why yesterday and why endorse Biden? Because Pete and Amy: (1) were out of money; (2) knew they could not get anything close to a delegate plurality if they stayed in the race; (3) like Biden much more than Bernie/Bloomberg; and (4) knew they were hurting Biden much more than Bernie/Bloomberg by remaining in the race.

All four of those reasons were true two weeks ago, one week ago, two days ago, and would be true three days from now. So I repeat: what happened to make them drop out on THIS Monday?

Unsurprisingly, I do not think you are correct.
  • 2 weeks before Klobuchar & Buttigieg dropped out, they were still coming off their very strong finishes in New Hampshire and hoping a strong debate before the Nevada caucuses could improve their standing in a more diverse state. They were both rapidly expanding their paid staff in Nevada, indicating they still had sufficient money to compete in the next state.
  • One week later they were both coming off poor Nevada results (though Buttigieg did pick up some delegates) and were again hoping to have strong debate performances before South Carolina. Both were now begging for money and had few staffers in South Carolina. Both were essentially hoping for a miracle showing in South Carolina. Biden's polling still hadn't picked up much and he still didn't have the Clyburn endorsement, so if they were going to endorse to help Biden exclusively, one week ago would have made a lot more sense than doing it this Monday.
03-04-2020 02:13 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread - mrbig - 03-04-2020 02:13 AM
! - Rice93 - 04-27-2020, 09:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.