2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
(03-03-2020 05:28 PM)mrbig Wrote:  
(03-03-2020 04:57 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(03-03-2020 04:49 PM)mrbig Wrote:  The DNC had some minor machinations in 2016 and has done a good job of remaining neutral in 2020. Again, I await your evidence to the contrary.

On what evidence do you base your statement that the DNC has done a good job of remaining neutral in 2020? None at all, AFAICS.

Fair enough. I thought I read back when Tom Perez became DNC chair in early 2017 that DNC staffers would not be allowed to vote or endorse in the 2020 primary. I thought I even read that they needed to pledge neutrality. I couldn't find the article, so perhaps I was mistaken. That said, I still haven't seen any evidence of interference in 2020, with the minor exception of allowing Bloomberg into the Nevada and South Carolina debates after dropping the donor threshold.

I'd still love to see any evidence you might have to support your opinion. Mine is more based on a lack of evidence to the contrary than actual evidence.

(03-03-2020 04:57 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  And on what scale were their machinations in 2016 adjudged "minor"? The DNC scale? What evidence do you have that their interferences were "minor"?

Honestly, I didn't dig into the 2016 stuff and don't care enough to do so now. As in, I really, really, really don't care at all. I acknowledge that opinion wasn't supported by anything and hereby retract my statement on the DNC's actions in 2016 for purposes of The Quad.

In 2016 one of the emails released showed that the DNC gave Hillary debate questions in advance. If the emails had not been stolen and released, we would have no evidence of the DNC's thumb on the scales. No evidence = it didn't happen.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Mine is based more on the smell test. I smell a rat. To be sure, the rat has not not released any emails or transcripts proving it is a rat. When they do, I will let you know.

Do I care what some democrats do to each other? Not much. You guys can stab each other in the back and continue singing your own praises forever. So what? fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly.

Do I care about my interpretation of events being challenged as completely wrong? Yep. So if i say something about the back stabbing and somebody says there ain't no stinkin' backstabbing, then we will discuss.
03-03-2020 06:06 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread - OptimisticOwl - 03-03-2020 06:06 PM
! - Rice93 - 04-27-2020, 09:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.