Thread Closed 
2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
(03-03-2020 11:06 AM)mrbig Wrote:  
(03-03-2020 05:51 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  I am sure that the DNC hopes for Biden to get enough Delegates to win on the first ballot - that is why they have orchestrated this massive dropout/endorsement fest prior to SuperThursday, as Biden calls it.

(03-03-2020 10:50 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Question for the Democrats: Do the machinations of the DNC to steer the nomination bother you?

The DNC does not have any machinations in 2020. Those only exist in the fever dreams of Trump supporters and Bernie Bros. Unless you have evidence of such a conspiracy that I am missing?

Buttigieg dropped out because he was out of money, had no path to the nomination, and personally thinks Biden is a better standard bearer than Bernie. Klobuchar dropped out for the exact same reasons. Steyer dropped out because his candidacy went no where despite massive spending (and he didn't endorse anyone yet).

No machinations? So they are just sitting back to see what happens? What a world you live in - pure and unspoiled.

The DNC stepped in in 2016. They have a history of trying to manage the nomination. The timing of the drop outs the day before SuperThursday and the rush to endorse Biden sure look suspicious. Looks like some phone calls were made, likely some promises made. It not like Pete ran out of money Monday or that Klobuchar had a path up until Monday. Both in a big hurry to get to Texas. Open your eyes and your mind.

My guess on promises? What could induce them to quit the day before and endorse Biden? Klobuchar for VP, or both with serious support for senate bids. You are the only one here with complete knowledge, though - the rest of us have to look at appearances. It appears to me the DNC stepped in and those are the most likely inducement for Pete and Amy to do what they did.

So what do you base your 'complete' and certain knowledge on? is there a party newsletter you get?
03-03-2020 12:48 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread - OptimisticOwl - 03-03-2020 12:48 PM
! - Rice93 - 04-27-2020, 09:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.