Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
Frizzy Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
(03-02-2020 05:34 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(03-02-2020 05:02 PM)illiniowl Wrote:  I won't be voting for Trump because I live in a noncompetitive state where my one vote could never possibly matter and I like keeping my personal voting record as free of as many pro-idiot votes as I can.

But I will say this -- I think a vote for Trump would be far more morally defensible than a vote for Sanders, should be become the nominee. I've thought about pulling a Dem ballot in my state's open primary to vote for Sanders on the theory that wider exposure of his odious views through a general election campaign would set his cause back even farther than a primary loss, but have decided I just couldn't have that on my conscience, not even as a strategic vote to try to stop the guy.

Where are the "Never Sanders" Democrats? By this time in 2016 "Never Trump Republicans" was a real thing, to their moral credit. And Trump is, objectively, by far, the lesser evil.

Were the "Never Trumpers" in that camp because of Trump's political positions? Or were they because of his personal views, his decorum, his morality, etc.? And what happened to them in the general election?

You can see that the "Never Sanders" wing of the Dems are already starting to be more thoughtful than the "Never Trumpers" as less viable Dem candidates are dropping out to try and clear the path for another alternative and reduce the vote cannibalization that provided a path to victory for Trump.

True. The recent drop outs are endorsing Biden.

The Democrats can still hope to avoid the dilemma by Sanders not getting enough delegates to vie for nomination.
03-02-2020 05:58 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread - Frizzy Owl - 03-02-2020 05:58 PM
! - Rice93 - 04-27-2020, 09:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.