Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
(02-26-2020 03:44 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  It's a few things.

It's not knowing what sort of changes to the tax code, or anything, would come out of a government that doesn't have a super majority. So if R's hold the Senate, a lot of Sanders' proposals won't see the light of day.
This doesn't represent a reason not to be concerned about a Bernie election. A Bernie election would represent a successful and VERY hard move left by a significant part of our electorate... and would spawn more followers.... and if Bernie gets elected, I think the chances that the Senate gets even closer is pretty high, and the house I think moves WAY left.
Quote:

It's not being 100% certain of who the potential tax increases would target. If it's just on people earning, say, over $2MM per year, I doubt the NFL will be dealt a significant blow in attendance.

Bernie has already proposed healthcare taxes all the way down to 29k. Saying they would fall only on the top 1/3 of 1% (2mm+/yr) is ignoring the realities of what has been said. Even if they only went down to 250k, that would involve every single player and coach and many of the fans who support the stadiums.

Quote:It's not being 100% sure of the macroeconomic consequences of the decisions being made - simplistic economic models don't scale as perfectly as a lot of people on this board thinks they do. For example, supply and demand, while a fundamental concept, can't be accurately be applied on a macro scale at all time. If macroeconomics were so easy, we wouldn't have so many debates about tax policy.

You say the models don't scale as perfectly as a lot of people on here think... yet the only person casting judgement on those actually impacted by these things (that I know of... maybe you make $2mm/yr) is you... saying that they have no reason to be clutching pearls. I'll submit that they know much better than either of us what they should be worried about... and if they're clutching pearls over this, they probably have a good reason to do so.

Wealthy people don't remain wealthy by waiting around to see what will happen to them. They are likely concerned about the ramifications of such a hard shift left economically by the left.... especially because you can't move the Houston Texans overseas.... you SURE can't move Reliant Stadium... and only a fool wouldn't be concerned. People making between 29k and 250k perhaps shouldn't be clutching pearls, but the minimum salary in the NFL is 495k, and that's the lowest of the big 3 sports. That's the minimum.
02-26-2020 04:04 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread - Hambone10 - 02-26-2020 04:04 PM
! - Rice93 - 04-27-2020, 09:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.