Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
(02-20-2020 10:15 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(02-20-2020 12:43 AM)GoodOwl Wrote:  Made it through watching the anarchy tonight. Biden seemed the most lost in the shuffle; added nothing to the discourse and wouldn't have been missed if he wasn't standing up there. The DNC establishment will keep trying to prop him up but he's got nothing.
Bloom had some good moments and a few really bad ones but considering it was his first real debate with the clown show, he could have done worse. He was mostly himself, but not as sincere or as relatable to the Dem mass crazies as Uncle BernieCommie. Warren came out flailing--helped Sanders more than she helped herself. She's just reeking of desperation and I believe she'll be gone soon, but strange things happen on the left so you never know. Petey had some good moments, but got bogged down many times and faded at the end of many of his moments. Got into a weird hand-slapping girl fight with Klob that didn't make either look too good. Klob not as strong as last debate. She's the one I would fear most of this group if I were trump because he seems to have an answer for all of the rest, but I think she'd be hardest for his strategy/style to overcome. Bern solidified himself some tonight, and remained the biggest threat to win the nod for the left. Ending question showed that a brokered convention with a surprise winner is more likely than ever. Sad to see Dems not believe in Democracy, but they haven't for many, many decades now, only difference is they are willing to say it in public openly now.

If Bloom can take this as a lesson and improve next time, he has a great shot to steal it. Otherwise, it'll be a war and riot in Milwaukee, sponsored by Pabst and tear-gas. Ski-mask vendors should sell out their wares, so good for the wool industry.

Warren played like Tulsi and skewered Bloomgren on the NDA issue.

Biggest pregnant pause was the open question Bloomgren threw the field: who here has started a business.

Overall I found the thing what I have some to expect from these Democratic debates --- kind of an anarchic frenzy of how much they hate profiteering, bilionaires, wealth, the health industry (double bad profiteers), pharma (triple bad profiteers), and the petroleum industry.

Oblunder would say he didn't build that; Bernie actually said the workers did more than he did. As a group, yes, they put in more man-hours (is it still PC to say that--thought police? -just askin') but without the leadership and the will to take the risk and potentially lose it all without a guarantee of success you don't have an environment for the workers to work in to begin with. IOW when you don't work for a paycheck, everything is up to you, and you could spend all day every day working very hard and not make a cent. But when you have a guarantee, a payroll check, you eliminate that risk, by and large (unless company goes under) so that is the trade-off and the price you pay to avoid risk and uncertainty. I don't like Bloom, but businessmen deserve everything they can get, as that is the reward for risk. Otherwise you don't get risk and innovation because you remove/tax the incentive and there's just no motivation to risk. Leftists and workers and antifa idiots just don't get it, but take a worker and give him the opportunity to make his own hiring and business decisions--and make him pay the consequences if he's wrong or unlucky, then you turn him into a conservative lickety-split, because #commonsense.
02-20-2020 10:33 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread - GoodOwl - 02-20-2020 10:33 AM
! - Rice93 - 04-27-2020, 09:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.