OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
(02-04-2020 06:37 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(02-04-2020 06:18 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(02-04-2020 06:09 PM)mrbig Wrote:  
(02-04-2020 06:04 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  Assume Pete gets the nod.

What 'minority aspect' will be at the forefront of whom he picks as a running mate?

Assume Bern gets the nod.

What 'minority aspect' will be at the forefront of whom he picks as a running mate?

Watching a progressive writhe about the '-ism' aspect of who should be the running mate (let alone getting the nod) really does remind me of several old girlfriends and watching them squirm and run to and fro while deciding the social implications of 'what invitation' to accept --- or not or the same machinations at work when they were pressed to find the 'right thing' to wear to a function; any function.

It has to hard to decide *which* underrepresented and/or 'now is the worthy time for this racial/sexual class' that seem to be at the crux of these decisions. My heart bleeds for you (hehe.... pun intended....)

Seriously, I dont know how any rational and sane group can function in a rational and sane manner when presented with the 'which -ism(s)' do we need to pander to now'.

Kind of seriously cuts against my 'just find the best fing person for the job' theology.

I look at it from a purely electoral standpoint, so it isn't really about -isms or anything like that. Pete's current weakness is with younger voters (ironically) who strongly favor Bernie/Warren and black (and other minority) voters. Stacey Abrams is a rock star with both of those groups and I think she motivates them in a way that Pete might struggle to do. Additionally, she fits the overarching theme of his campaign (Washington experience hasn't been getting it done + time for generational change).

Fair enough.

The young ones like Bernie and Warren because they are apex predators in the grabbing other people's money to pay for everything under the sun world. It isnt ironic at all, kind of common sense.

Kind of plays into the younger philosophy on the left.

I mean, even on this board there is a whiff of 'you preceding generations screwed everything over for us and owe us big time' from time to time by the young guns.

As for -isms, whom do African Americans support overall? Biden? I would think so based on his firewall strategy in S. Carolina.

But again, for Pres *and* for Veep I guess I am a troglodyte for thinking -- how about the person who is best suited for the job?

As the Republican Party showed in 2016, the overall voting population doesn’t care who is best suited for the job of POTUS.

That includes the voters of California and New York in particular.
02-04-2020 06:51 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread - OptimisticOwl - 02-04-2020 06:51 PM
! - Rice93 - 04-27-2020, 09:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.