RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
(01-17-2020 10:27 AM)GoodOwl Wrote:  
(01-16-2020 08:13 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(01-16-2020 08:04 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(01-16-2020 07:27 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(01-16-2020 01:29 AM)GoodOwl Wrote:  Trump has surprised me because he has really rocked at the job of President, especially with all the BS thrown his way. Too bad that his own party wasn't fully with him first two years and he'd have done even better. Hill was a disaster of a candidate and made voting for a then-suspect-if-he-would-really-support-gop-platform quite the easy obvious decision. Amazing she duped so many for so long, but she's still got too many transfixed with a backwards view on America.

Can't understand why the Dems didn't learn their lesson and find someone reasonable to go up against Trump this time. With his mouth (and twitter) you'd figure they'd have had a reasonable shot with a sensible middle of road Dem candidate. Instead they've gone left, lefter, leftest, which makes no sense.

Can't nobody really seriously complain about an economic miracle over the last few years that has truly lifted all boats, even historically difficult ones to lift versus the "progressive" policies of "change and ho-pe" that cfrushed the dreams and pocketbooks of an entire generation for 8 brutal years. If the poor and middle classes weren't suffering high housing costs propped up by the extra 30+ million here illegally, they'd be in even better condition, but for some reason, they seem to think Dem positions that severely hurt them don't and just ignore the stark facts. When you say "stupid party vs evil party" it looks to me more like Stupid and evil party (Dems) vs not totally perfect but pretty good party(Reps). As to policy positions many on left claim to really care passionately about, how many climate alarmists use plastic and oil daily without a thought to type their posts? Not seeing too many all natural computer and tech products out there these days, and never seen a climate loving activist toting a wooden abacus instead of an iphone/latte in a plastic-coated cup and driving a plastic filled and oil-derived vehicle, but maybe things are different in other areas?

PS good on Tejas to not be wanting to take in any more illegal border crossing moochers. Enough is enough already.

I thought Abbott took a stand against resettling more refugees?

In your mind, does illegals = refugees?

No - that is why I am asking the question. A big news story the last few days was Abbott deciding to not resettle any refugees in Texas in 2020. I was wondering is the PS was related to that decision, given how it was written and how recent that news story was.

I'm parroting the left-wing talking point/conflagration of refugee and illegal border-crosser. I'm not sure why that's a problem when it is constantly used that way by that portion of the media. But I agree, a refugee is actually different than an illegal border-crosser. Too bad more can't get that simple point. With Trump's new "wait first in Mexico" policy, it has been demonstrated that almost none of these tens of thousands monthly claiming refugee status are actually in any real danger in their home countries. Many are being (correctly and justly) turned away from entry to the US because they have no true legal case to make to come in here.

Now, if we can just apply that to the 30+ million already here illegally, we could help the American Citizen poor by righting the housing market back to affordability for those who actually are legally allowed to live here. That would help the poor and middle classes in this country without any additional government spending because it would give them more money in their pockets from reducing their greatest single cost of poor people--which is housing. Further, it would greatly reduce the need for a lot of wasted govt spending on police/social "services"/food stamps/medical/etc.. for people who don't belong here and drain our country's financial resources. Which means taxes could be lowered for all....and/or the debt/deficit could be reduced. Which would help our credit standing, which would make us a stronger America.

All good things come from immediately deporting 30+ million illegal border crossers.

But the left keeps pushing the "illegals are actually refugees" sham to keep themselves in power and to hurt American Citizen Minorities so they can keep them in their dependent voting block. Ignorant poor and stupid is the motto of the Dem party--and it has been shown to work. Same reason Dems wanted to keep the slaves 150 years ago when the Republican Party was created to free them and create true equality. This is just a form of the new slavery. It is just wrong. If you want to hurt poor and middle class people in America, you keep the illegals crossing the borders and rename them "refugees" instead of what they are: criminal pawns being used to prop up wealthy rich leftists.

People claiming asylum at the border are not refugees in the eyes of our immigration policy. They're treated and handled differently because of that. While both are related to what amounts to fleeing persecution, refugees are people who apply for the status overseas. They're then granted refugee status and resettled within the US.

What Abbott did with respect to refugee resettlement has zilch to do with the crisis at the border and illegal immigrant or asylum seekers. Refugees have done exactly what most everyone wants them to do - follow the law and wait their turn.

Sounds like you're parroting right-wing talking points.
01-17-2020 11:11 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread - RiceLad15 - 01-17-2020 11:11 AM
! - Rice93 - 04-27-2020, 09:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.