2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
georgewebb Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice!
The Parliament AwardsDonators
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
(12-09-2019 12:40 PM)At Ease Wrote:  
(12-09-2019 08:39 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(12-09-2019 02:05 AM)At Ease Wrote:  OwlJacket made an appearance to make clear that George's depiction of the alleged wrongs against him were fraudulent.

They were not fraudulent. The incident in the other web forum to which George refers was about the most tasteless thing I have ever known of. IIRC, he pulled it down after a short while, and before his self-defense on here.

He has launched some pretty tasteless attacks at me as well, until I just started ignoring them.

He is, or at least was, a good guy who leaned left, but some of his latest antics strike me as his having come a bit unglued over TDS.

Thanks for your second-hand account, but George and OwlJacket posted directly about this on the forum here. There it was clear where key points of exaggeration had been added, and context omitted, by George. Unfortunately there is no longer a record of these posts, as the moderator cleaned up George's embarrassment. And that may have been for the best, as I recall toward the end things had gotten to the point where OwlJacket was asking for George to stop harassing his wife with phone calls. All that remains is a neg rep from OwlJacket that was well supported across multiple posts.

AtEase, you simply don't know what you're talking about. Anyone who actually knows about the incident (as opposed to accepting OwlJacket's biased account) knows that OwlJacket's descriptions here (including the claims of "harassment") were self-servingly one-sided, with extreme exaggerations, and that your parroting of those characterizations is irresponsible. His actions were "well supported" only in his own twisted view, which you (without first-hand knowledge) have chosen to adopt as your own, because you yourself seem incapable of even moderate objectivity.

As I also mentioned, anyone who really would like to see all the details and draw their own conclusions is welcome to contact me off line; I have records of everything. At Ease's assertion that there "there is no longer a record of these posts" is false, not only regarding OwlJacket's inaccurate posts in this forum, but also his underlying tasteleness that initiated the kerfuffle, the communications that he mischaracterized, and the profane attacks he used in other media.
12-09-2019 02:46 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread - georgewebb - 12-09-2019 02:46 PM
! - Rice93 - 04-27-2020, 09:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.