Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
mrbig Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
(12-04-2019 08:10 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(12-04-2019 07:28 PM)mrbig Wrote:  The current magical term is - “mrbig, even though we do not know each other well, I respect you and apologize for using racially and/or sexually offensive terms. Thank you for reminding me that people of your heritage (or women) are offended by those terms. I will stop using them and just call Senator Warren (or Senator Harris) a fu*king nitwit next time I feel like hurling insults.”

Hmmm... not the question asked there big. So which is bad, 'Indian', 'princess', or a magical combination.

I guess my next door neighbor should apologize profusely -- to himself, interestingly -- if that first one is the case.

And tell me what the 'correct' term is to use for that heritage. Funny, I dont see a reply to any of the questions that were posited. Only apparently further umbrage at asking those questions I see.

Reading back, I see how you now equate that to me stating n---er at some ethnicities. I would hazard a guess that the term n---er is light years away from 'Indian' in a perjorative sense.

I also note the following:

In·​di·​an | \ ˈin-dē-ən , dialectal -jən or -din\
Definition of Indian
1a: a native or inhabitant of India or of the East Indies
b: a person of Indian descent

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Indian

I guess Webster's is clueless as much as I am to the massive and extreme horrors of that word it seemingly enjoins, and makes you ask, no --- demand an apology for the use of it. Good grief.

(12-05-2019 12:50 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(12-04-2019 07:28 PM)mrbig Wrote:  The current magical term is - “mrbig, even though we do not know each other well, I respect you and apologize for using racially and/or sexually offensive terms. Thank you for reminding me that people of your heritage (or women) are offended by those terms. I will stop using them and just call Senator Warren (or Senator Harris) a fu*king nitwit next time I feel like hurling insults.”

OO - tempest in a teacup to the whitey. Maybe listen to the minorities about what offends them? I am actually 1/4 Native American and 3/4 white mutt, so please don’t call me cracker.

Whitey? I guess you want to make this racial. I have no idea why. But I have my own share of minority heritage.

When did I call you cracker - or anything else?

In fact, I don't remember anybody in this thread calling you cracker or anything else. I guess you will tell us who did, where, and how. I hope so. But it wasn't me.

Guys - mea culpa despite the seriousness of my earlier posts, this one was more tongue-in-cheek. Sorry I wasn't more clear about that. In retrospect, following on the heels of some more serious posts, there is no reason for anyone but me to realize that I was trying to change the mood a bit.

tanqtonic - I find the term "Pocahontas" far more offensive than "Indian Princess". I think the context in which you used "Indian Princess" is what bothered me, more than the term itself. You were obviously throwing it out as an insult. That said, the term isn't obviously offensive in the same way as the n-word or some of the terms used by 69/70/75. It was unfair of me to equate them. I still think you should be more careful about how you use negative terms with race/sex implications and I did still find it offensive in the way you were using it. But it wasn't worth me making quite this big a stink about.

OO - you never called me cracker, just me failing Humor 101. It was also a typo, as I meant to write "so please don't ever call me a cracker."

(12-05-2019 01:20 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Mrbig, I used a sexually offensive term on purpose, because the f-ing nitwit I referred to deserved it. She is a sexually offensive person, along with being offensive on so many other levels. In no way did it imply anything about any other woman or women generically. This is not "all women are skanks," but rather, "this particular woman is a skank."

I'm sorry if you were offended. I'm also sorry, but I don't see why any person whom the description does not fit would take offense. I think we've become way, way too politically correct as a society, and this is one example.

I just don't think those terms should ever be directed at any woman ever under any circumstances. There isn't really a male equivalent. I got in a rather big argument with a friend who is a hard-core Bernie supporter leading up to the 2016 election when he repeatedly called Hillary Clinton a cu*t. I'm with you to a certain extent about political correctness. But there is a big difference between calling a woman a slut or skank and more socially acceptable "political correctness" faux pas like using the wrong pronoun for a transgender person or making a culturally insensitive remark to someone that isn't outright offensive.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2019 02:19 AM by mrbig.)
12-05-2019 02:13 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread - mrbig - 12-05-2019 02:13 AM
! - Rice93 - 04-27-2020, 09:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.