Thread Closed 
2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
(12-04-2019 11:21 AM)mrbig Wrote:  
(12-04-2019 10:16 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  I have always felt that candidates should be judged by the words out of their mouths and the ideas in their heads, not some outer "diversity". But I guess that is what makes me a racist.
I agree, though I would also add the actions they have taken in the past to "words out of their mouths" and "ideas in their heads." That said, representation is also important.
(12-04-2019 10:14 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Warren - old white woman
Sanders - old white man
Biden - old white man
Buttigieg - young gay white man
Steyer - rich white man
Bloomberg - old rich white man
The only "diversity" is the gay man. I guess when the Dems say they value 'diversity", that means nothing.
(12-04-2019 10:31 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(12-04-2019 10:27 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  This is A+ trolling. Well done.
What did I get wrong? Is my math bad?
It is trolling because:
1 - you are knocking the Dems for a lack of diversity while ignoring the obvious fact that the Republican fields over the last few decades have been less diverse than the Democratic fields;
2 - you are ignoring the fact that this Democratic field was the most diverse in American history;
3 - just because the December debate looks like it will be 6 people with pale skin ignores the fact that Harris, Booker, and Yang were on the debate stage 5 times while Castro and Gabbard made the debate stage 4 times (lots of diversity even after as the field started winnowing);
4 - you ignore the fact that the first 11 notable candidates to drop out of the race were all white (Swalwell, Gravel, Hickenlooper, Inslee, Mouton, Gillibrand, de Blasio, Ryan, O'Rourke, Sestak, Bullock). So now 1 out of the 12 more notable candidates to drop out was a minority with many still remain in the race (Booker, Castro, Patrick, Gabbard, Yang), even if they haven't qualified for the December debate.
5 - while there is no longer much racial diversity in the primary, it is still notable (and diverse) that there are 2 women, 1 gay man, and 1 jewish man in the top 6 candidates. Any of those getting elected president would be a 1st.
Of course, Gabbard and Yang only need one good poll to qualify for the December debate, so their [sic] could still be some racial diversity on stage in December.

Or Warren could find a few more 1024ths of Native American blood.

I think he was more knocking the democrats for a lack of intellectual diversity. There probably is not one person on their stage that wouldn't support massive income and wealth redistribution or single-payer health care or gun registration and confiscation or open borders or abortions without restrictions. And all of those are drop dead show stoppers for me.

"Keep 'em dumb, keep 'em poor, keep 'em dependent on handouts, and you'll keep 'em voting democrat." There's not one of them that doesn't buy into that mantra.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2019 11:43 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
12-04-2019 11:34 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread - Owl 69/70/75 - 12-04-2019 11:34 AM
! - Rice93 - 04-27-2020, 09:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.