Thread Closed 
2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
(11-06-2019 02:25 PM)illiniowl Wrote:  
(11-06-2019 11:19 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...li=BBnb7Kz

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...li=BBnb7Kz

Some good, some bad. Whichever party you favor.

"Tucson voters overwhelmingly rejected a proposal to designate their town as Arizona's only sanctuary city. The decision in one of Arizona's most liberal cities is a relief for the Democrats who control city government."

Glad to see the voters want to enforce the law.

WASHINGTON - "A measure that reinstates the use of affirmative action in state employment, contracting and admission to public colleges and universities was losing in early returns."

Washington is a liberal state, right? Glad to see they are sticking with the principle of not judging people by their color"

"Democrats won complete control of the Virginia government for the first time in a generation on Tuesday and claimed a narrow victory in the Kentucky governor’s race, as Republicans struggled in suburbs where President Trump is increasingly unpopular."

I guess VA will become another CA. Enjoy.

"Mr. Bevin’s troubles did not appear to be a drag on other Republicans, who captured every other statewide race in Kentucky — a sign that Kentucky voters were rejecting Mr. Bevin and not his party. Daniel Cameron handily won the attorney general’s race, becoming the first African-American to claim the office and the first Republican to do so in over 70 years."

mixed bag

Change Bevin to Trump and you have (mutatis mutandis) an early preview of the 2020 results, I predict. Voters will rebuke Trump (as must happen, really, at the end of the day) but also implicitly reject the too-radical liberalism of the Democratic nominee by opting for divided government.

Maybe. Depends on who the Dem. candidate is. I could see a different form of divided government occur too, with the re-election of Trump but voters creating a Democratic-controlled Senate (for instance voting out McConnell).

I'm not sure if Warren can beat Trump. I actually think one reason the stock market continues to do so well is the brokers are scared of Warren, and are somehow manipulating the market to maximize their profits now. Don't ask me how that is possible - it's just my crazy ****-eyed theory.
11-10-2019 11:14 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread - Fort Bend Owl - 11-10-2019 11:14 AM
! - Rice93 - 04-27-2020, 09:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.