2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
RiceLad15 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
(10-21-2019 03:08 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(10-18-2019 04:54 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(10-18-2019 04:47 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(10-17-2019 08:09 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I do not trust any democrat. I don't trust many republicans, but there are a few--and Donald Trump is not one of them.

I trust him to do one thing... Try and find some way to leave his mark.

I think he thinks this will be through a great economy and/or some major 'game changing' negotiations, which I support.

The rest of it he is just like any other politician it seems.... more crass, but it also seems less involved with feathering his nest ON THE TAXPAYER. By being a wealthy entrepreneur to begin with, he's going to make tens of millions based on that alone, like others do in their book deals and foundations etc etc... but it doesn't seem he's voting for spending to make money.

I honestly don't care if he has diplomats to his properties... as long as the services provided and the fee paid for them is 'fair'. That doesn't in any way cheat the taxpayer. It's not 'cool', but it's not cheating the taxpayer

Seriously? Ham, you need to take off the Trump-does-no-wrong glasses.

Trump has done nothing but provide evidence that he wants to feather his own nest on the taxpayer.

The G-7 is being held at a Trump resort, when it more easily could be held at Camp David. We have evidence of the government staying at Trump properties after he was elected when it makes no sense and is egregious (see Pence's trip to Ireland) - not just random diplomats staying at his hotels. His tax cut made him large sums of money. His company continues to operate and make foreign deals, even after he said they wouldn't. And I'm sure the list goes on.

Seriously? Lad, you need to put on some reading glasses. Nowhere and in no way did I say Trump does no wrong. I realize this is your 'go to' claim against others when you've run out of facts, but I don't play that game.

Specifically to your comment, I said 'I don't care' as long as the price paid is the equivalent as other similar places. If that is the case, then the tax payer is indifferent. He isn't making money by cheating the taxpayer.... Like the guy who builds a 'bridge to nowhere' in order to get kickbacks/contributions from donors or those who get 'no bid' contracts.

So I specifically addressed your issue, and you ignore it because YOU need to get off the 'Trump does nothing NOT wrong' sauce.

I didn't say it wasn't wrong, in fact I said it's not 'cool', which in my verbiage means, I wish he wouldn't do it.... I said I don't care about it because they have to go SOMEWHERE, and the taxpayer isn't paying more than they otherwise would.... and you're simply flat out WRONG about what Trump's businesses said they would do or are required to do.

There hasn't been a President in the past 50+ years who hasn't increased the value of their property or other holdings simply by virtue of their being elected. The question for me, as I very clearly stated, was whether the taxpayer was paying for something the didn't otherwise need to pay for... or paying more for the same thing.

If you want to draw the line in a different place, feel free... but your accusation about me is absolutely baseless.

Ham, responding directly to your comment that I misread - it would be a lot less baseless if you chose a word besides the milquetoast “not cool” to describe unethical behavior. Instead, you offer up a softball and call it “not cool,” an follow that up with a defense of the action by citing how other POTUS’s have profited off the office. That construct makes it very unclear about whether or not you actually disagree with the practice. You even admit that you don’t much care about it right after you lightly say it’s “not cool.”

At least with the Hunter Biden situation, I can clearly say him taking that position in Ukraine was unethical and a clear conflict of interest.
10-22-2019 07:54 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread - RiceLad15 - 10-22-2019 07:54 AM
! - Rice93 - 04-27-2020, 09:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.