RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread
(10-14-2019 08:15 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(10-14-2019 07:34 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(10-14-2019 06:49 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  
(10-14-2019 05:26 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(10-14-2019 02:45 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  So you would hire a nine months pregnant woman to see if they can perform in the field. I guess woke is a synonym for stupid.

Especially if the person you hire is not qualified, and therefore can be hired only as an emergency. Warren was not a “quality” hire.

If temps can fill the job, why hire an unqualified person who cannot be at wrk?

But I will tell you, not hiring a pregnant woman at full term is not because anyone “wants” (what a dumb term) to be discriminatory, it is because they want somebody who can do the job.

Is your company in the habit of hiring people who will not be there?

My company is in the habit of not discriminating in the hiring process...

Just hired two new employees and never once asked about marriage status, when they might want to get pregnant, what religion they were, etc. instead I evaluated all candidates based on their resumes and potential for being a high performer in all aspects of the job.

WHOOOSH!

You’re missing the point. Were either of them visibly pregnant? Were they due about the time you wanted them to start work? Warren was.

I am not saying, don’t hire a woman because she might get pregnant at some point. I am saying it is stupid to hire a woman whose due date is early September for a job to start in early September.

Lad: Welcome to the company. You start Monday.
Hire: Monday is my due date. I might not be in for several months. Let me give you an address where you can send my checks.

And WTH does religion have to do with this? Are you doing one of your little side steps?

Lol - side step? I listed a few different things that you can’t discriminate against during hiring. Marital status, pregnancy status, and religion all fall under the same umbrella of hiring discrimination.

I’m not missing anything - I get why you’re trying to argue that this sort of discrimination is OK. Im simply telling you that it is still discrimination.

Damn, you are dense.

No, I just understand how hiring discrimination works and intentionally work to make sure that I’m not falling into the discriminatory practices that you highlight.

All you’re doing is justifying why it is OK to discriminate against someone who is pregnant, because, as you say they would immediately go on leave (ignoring the fact that maternity leave isn’t even guaranteed in this country).
10-15-2019 06:21 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 Presidential Horse Race Thread - RiceLad15 - 10-15-2019 06:21 AM
! - Rice93 - 04-27-2020, 09:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.