Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gerlach: Leaving AAC not an option (for ECU)
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: Gerlach: Leaving AAC not an option (for ECU)
(08-14-2019 12:15 PM)UTEPDallas Wrote:  
(08-14-2019 07:45 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(08-14-2019 07:19 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(08-14-2019 07:09 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(08-13-2019 04:55 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  I love it when a guy who doesnt live here tries to tell a lifelong resident what our "culture" is. lol...Dont make me climb down off this horse and unholster my hog leg Pilgrim. Gimme a break. We drive air conditioned cars through the Taco Bell drive through lane just like everyone else. Good Lord. Apparently the Houston "culture" was just fine with eastern schools in 2011 when UH was invited to the Big East.

Using your Taco Bell standard, Chicago and Lafayette, Louisiana share the same culture.

Good Grief. I tried .... 07-coffee3

Yes, Lafayette has 6 million people in it. Such a good point. Again, as I said before, once cities get to a certain size, they tend to be more alike than different. Chicago, LA, Atlanta, Dallas, and Houston tend to have much more in common than they differ. It’s not a difficult or even controversial concept. I’m kinda shocked your having so much difficulty comprehending a pretty basic point. 07-coffee3

... and as I explained earlier, nobody in DC or Philly or NYC or Boston thinks of Houston or Dallas or San Antonio as being culturally similar or peers.

E.g., my wife's family has lived in the DC area for generations, and in 2012 when her nephew graduated from UVA and said he was taking a job in Dallas, they acted like he was moving to the moon, LOL. Some civic leader wannabes in Dallas or Houston might like to think of themselves as culturally more like Philly or Chicago than El Paso or Lubbock, but nobody else does.

So go get yer shine box, er, 10-gallon hat and go make the rounds of those oil wells, pardner.

Im calling bs on your anecdote. Any rational person knows you go where the jobs are especially if you’re a recent college grad. Not just Dallas, Houston or Austin but to places like Phoenix, Denver, Atlanta, Nashville, etc.

I guess all those thousands Yankees and Californians (myself included) have been moving to the “moon” in the last 30 years.

My anecdote was 100% accurate, unless you think i was saying that the family literally thought he was moving to the moon, which is silly. Obviously they are aware of Dallas as a major, growing city. Heck, the Cowboys are the Redksin's big historic rival. But point was, they regarded it as culturally much farther away then just a 2 hour and 15 minute plane flight Dulles to DFW.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2019 05:42 PM by quo vadis.)
08-14-2019 05:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gerlach: Leaving AAC not an option (for ECU) - quo vadis - 08-14-2019 05:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.