Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

For those of you who were able to see practice today
Bookmark and Share
Teamduh Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Northern Il
RE: For those of you who were able to see practice today
(08-11-2019 06:35 PM)Ka-Ching! Guy Wrote:  
(08-11-2019 05:50 PM)NIU1981 Wrote:  They were in helmets only today, so although they did some situation stuff like two minute drill it wasn't full go. A few notes:

-I would say there were about 100 fans on hand. They let us go on the field before the practice and after, at which point the players sang us the fight song and Coach Hammock briefly addressed us. It was a friendly vibe.

-There was very little separation between Childers and Bowers that I could tell from this small sample. I thought they both looked good. Based on today, again a tiny sample, I would expect Childers to start vs. ISU.

-The number one O-line left to right was Marques Cox, Benn Olson, CJ Perez, Brayden Patton and Jordan Steckler. The twos were Isaac Hawn, Andrew Starr, Austin Warner, Nate Veloz and Nolan Potter.

-We were quite impressed with Michael Love, both as a receiver and punt returner. Fabian McCray and Mohamed Toure (I think it was him in the green jersey) did some nice things too. All three appear to have a chance to contribute this year.

-Jalen McKie and Devin Haney were the number one corners.

-Matt Ference was bombing punts, beautiful spirals. The freshmen punters had their ups and downs.

-When they attempted a field goal in the two minute drill it was John Richardson getting the call and he drilled it.

-Freshman running back Malik Winston moves well and looks like he could be good down the line.

-When asked who has surprised him in camp, Coach Hammock mentioned freshmen Michael Love on offense and Demond Taylor and James Ester on defense. He said they could contribute this year.

Question for 7 and 1981: I was at the practice also, but do you think Bowers has a little more zip on the ball than the Childers or Thompson? Could be me seeing what I want to see. That being said, I also thought Childers threw with a little more authority than I've seen. Just curious.
Jumping in here. Me and my bud didn't notice a separation between the 2 due to the short passing nature of the drills.

Thompson looked comparable as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
08-11-2019 07:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those of you who were able to see practice today - Teamduh - 08-11-2019 07:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.