Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aresco opens the door for Colorado State
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
RE: Aresco opens the door for Colorado State
(07-04-2019 08:33 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(07-04-2019 07:30 PM)esayem Wrote:  
(07-04-2019 07:15 PM)RutgersGuy Wrote:  CSU would be a great get for the AAC and don't let the naysayers convince you otherwise. It's not an island when the conference has schools in Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma. That would be a school ESPN would approve of. With all that said it's never going to happen because I don't see the front range schools breaking up.

If they’re a “great get”, then everybody has to throw out the “performance matters” argument, because frankly they aren’t impressive on gridiron or hardwood.

Your not wrong. However, I posted the CSU football win/loss records for the last 20 years. They arent terrible and are capable of a double digit win season every now and then. Football wise, they were just barely under .500 for the entire 20 year period. That beats the hell out of UConn's performance. One of the popular picks on this thread is S Miss. Thats a pick based almost entirely on football performance--but S Miss is only 34-53 since finishing the 2011 season as CUSA champions. Basically---every candidate has good points. Everyone candidate has flaws. But if you just look at CSU---institutionally, they look an awful lot like a school that would fit the AAC profile. Thats not necessarily true of every option out there.

I’ll reply to you because the other two responded with essentially the same thing. Institutionally speaking, UMass looks a lot like the teams in the conference and is in New England. This is the most logical substitute for UConn if the conference wants to plug the hole and keep rolling. Plus, wouldn’t that be the knockout the AAC and ESPN could give UConn?

CSU may have had some minor blips on a .500 radar, but they are not a brand anybody recognizes in the eastern US. They are not an academic giant. They aren’t even in the Eastern or Central timezone. I suspect they are a buzz worthy candidate because they made the Big XII’s shortlist, which by the way also included BYU (buzz worthy), Air Force (buzz worthy), and Rice (surprisingly not buzz worthy).

On paper, CSU is no different than UTEP. They’re not in Denver. Their endowment is half of UMass’ and a speck compared to Rice’s. Somehow I don’t think ESPN is going to support adding a random team in the Mountain timezone to the conference.

“But, but, but esayem....Colorado touches Kansaaaaassss.” So what? They’re like 600 miles away from Wichita!

CSU wants the Big XII, does the AAC help get them there over the MWC? No.
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2019 09:46 AM by esayem.)
07-05-2019 09:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aresco opens the door for Colorado State - esayem - 07-05-2019 09:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.