Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Should Cincy join UConn in the Big East?
bill dazzle Offline
Craft beer and urban living enthusiast

I Root For: Vandy/Memphis/DePaul/UNC
RE: Should Cincy join UConn in the Big East?
(07-01-2019 10:13 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(07-01-2019 09:08 AM)bill dazzle Wrote:  I've been reading the board for years (but just started posting). Sometimes this back-and-forth bickering, name calling, trolling and one-ups-manship is downright juvenile.

I come here to get insider info and varying fan perspectives and then ... I see all this. The sad thing is, most of the folks engaging in this absurdity are knowledgeable and often offer positive comments and interesting tidbits.

I think it's great that you've come out of the shadows and are offering your perspective. I've found your posts to be interesting.

But this board does have posters with many styles of communicating, and IMO, given that college athletics is by its nature passionate and emotional, it is unrealistic to expect, and would be rather dull, if every discussion had the character of a NASA press briefing. And the mods do a good job of policing it, many have been banned for crossing the lines.

I'd say "just skip over the food fight posts and read the ones that have the tone you prefer", but as a lurker you have probably been doing that for years anyway.

04-cheers

Point well made about how we don’t want the board to be dull. Agree.

I typically skip the food fight posts, but this latest seemed particularly driven by generic, uninspired and tiresome nastiness.

Maybe after I’ve been posting for three or four months and some of the posters on the board find me to be offputtingly diplomatic and lacking in a willingness to engage in wordsmithing sparring, somebody will hammer me with some true originality and inventiveness (which this board’s posters rarely offer — opting instead for near-venomous attacks).

Here is an example to help with that future effort:

What’s the deal with the Bill Dazzle name?
He’s pretentious … lacks trash-talking game
His posting style … too nice
And that junk won’t suffice
To this board, his contributions — lame

Give me that type “playing the dozens” and I’ll give the poster a high-five from afar.

I’m sure I’ll get jumped on some as I continue to post and that will be fine. Some Memphis fans already jabbed me a bit on the AAC board — and the Tigers are one of the many teams I follow and support. But that’s fine. I don’t mind if strangers mock me because they mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to them. Such trivial matters almost make me chuckle. At my age, I’m just thankful I’ve got a well-working prostate and that my employer lets me flirt with the many beautiful women in their 20s and 30s and with whom I work.

Thanks for the nice words about my posts, Quo. I try.
07-01-2019 07:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Cincy join UConn in the Big East? - bill dazzle - 07-01-2019 07:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.