ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2020
(04-15-2020 08:06 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(04-15-2020 06:15 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  
(04-15-2020 04:44 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(04-15-2020 04:28 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(04-15-2020 01:52 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  Why would JJ want to redshirt the 2nd coming of Shaq? That makes zero sense. You make these baseless claims based solely on the hatred of the coach. Maybe thats your thought process (spite) but JJ isn't treating his team like that. Go ask Reece whether he was ready to play last year or not and whether he wanted to redshirt.

Not everyone wants to spend 5 years in college.

So tell me then, since you are in the know, why did he play at all?

The same reason any other not rotation player plays every year. Like Reece playing 15 minutes last year.

I understand your rational there Giles, but I'm not sure that his being a "not rotation player" fits the bill in this case. There has to be a more rational reason than that since ODU was needing someone at that position, especially after Dickins left the team.

My thoughts on why he didn't play more than his very few minutes is because he was (A) still recovering from his injury, and (B) not up to speed with things both physically and scheme wise due again to his being set back by his injury.

Had he not suffered the injury, I believe that he would have played more minutes than he did. Just can't be certain how many more though since I was never able to really see him play in significant game action. Evidently the coaches feel similarly to how I do since I was told they, "Don't know what to expect from him" even going forward to this next season. All of which would again explain why they are actively looking for an experienced transfer center.
Your thoughts would be a reasonable explanation except for the fact that he did play 4 minutes. Had he not played at all... ok he was injured, not ready, etc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The fact that he played 4 minutes is exactly in line with my thoughts. The number 4 is of little consequence. ODU actually list his minutes as 5 for what it's worth. My point was pretty easy to follow, and it was that at a minimum his injury situation held him back and delayed his progress. That alone could have and probably did play a substantial role in his limited minutes. To play just 5 minutes over the course of an entire season is just token minutes that don't matter in the outcome of the games. Brill, Harris, and Lakey also played token minutes.

Jeff isn't going to play somebody that he doesn't feel is going to help the situation on the court any, and I doubt that any of us have any proof that Karaiskos was willing to sit out a year to extend his eligibility - if that was even part of the discussion by either party.

EDIT: https://odusports.com/documents/2020/3/1...nStats.pdf
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2020 01:12 AM by ODU BBALL.)
04-16-2020 01:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2020 - ODU BBALL - 04-16-2020 01:10 AM
Men's Basketball Recruiting: 2020 - bit_9 - 04-28-2020, 04:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.