Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Realignment/Possible Liberty Future
Bookmark and Share
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
RE: Realignment/Possible Liberty Future
(04-30-2020 12:38 PM)army56mike Wrote:  
(04-28-2020 09:56 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  Our priorities should firstly be football because that drives the bus. It represents approximately 75% of the athletic revenue. Put football in a position to succeed, play the long game because we have the luxury to wait.
Don’t you think we’re already doing that? I think Ian and Coach Freeze are doing an admirable job showcasing Liberty and putting us in the best possible situation we can with scheduling and competition on the field. I trust that if a conference opportunity came up that benefits LU they’d take it.

(04-28-2020 09:56 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  Men's basketball is the next priority as that represents the remaining athletic revenue. Do whatever it takes (legally and ethically) to get the golden ticket to a P6 (Big East, not American) because they may split and there will be no more room at the inn.
We just have to play tough high profile games and win them. Then we need to advance in the NCAA tourny to a few Sweet 16s. That needs to be sustained for a decade before the Big East would even look our direction.

(04-28-2020 09:56 PM)GE and MTS Wrote:  
The P5 will consolidate into a P4 with the Big 12 getting slightly picked over. Texas and Oklahoma will leave, maybe taking two of Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, or Kansas to the Big Ten and SEC. Maybe a couple ACC schools get poached like Notre Dame, Clemson, and Florida State but even the latter two aren't valuable enough to move the needle. Only Texas, Oklahoma, and Notre Dame will move the needle and if they are lucky they bring a friend along. Everyone else is a net negative. North Carolina doesn't improve anyone, Virginia doesn't. Markets don't matter, brands do. The Big Ten and SEC will be calling the shots and only a handful of schools improve their revenue.
I’m not buying all you’re selling here. I can see more movement happening like you. I believe there is more value in some of those teams you mention. And I don’t believe the B12 will drop from the P5.

I stopped reading when I saw FSU and Clemson wouldn’t “move the needle”. Both athletic departments turn a profit even with the ACC taking in way less TV money. If those two wanted in to any conference they would get accepted. That package is the ACC football.
04-30-2020 02:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Realignment/Possible Liberty Future - Ewglenn - 04-30-2020 02:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.