Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jim Delany botched the 2010-2013 Big Ten Expansion
Nerdlinger Offline
Realignment Enthusiast

I Root For: Realignment!
RE: Jim Delany botched the 2010-2013 Big Ten Expansion
(07-10-2019 08:42 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  Everything does seem to be gearing up for the fall of the Big 12. I think the SEC positioned itself well for the next round. They are poised to add in the west but I think they also know that they can add in the east, at the expense of the ACC if they want.

The Big Ten on the other hand does not seem to have planned things out. If they want Texas and Oklahoma then they should have added 3 Big 12 schools in the last round or gone whole hog and tried to get all 5 at once like the PAC 12 tried. Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas would have been great move. Miss out on Texas (let's say the SEC offers Texas, Texas A&M, TTU, and Baylor as a package deal) you recover with Iowa St or an eastern add.

The Maryland and Rutgers adds feel like a half hearted move to land eastern markets and ND but if they wanted to go East and get ND they should have added Rutgers, Cuse, and Pitt in 2010, wrecking the Big East and flushing ND into their ranks with BC as the 16th.

In 2010-2013 we might have seen a 12 team PAC 12, a 16 Team Big Ten with Big 8 elements, a 16 team SEC with SWC elements, and a pseudo ACC-East merger as the ACC tries to keep pace.

As the Chinese proverb goes, if you chase two rabbits, you lose them both.

I don't think adding any combination of Rutgers, Syracuse, Pitt, and BC would have compelled ND to join the Big Ten. ND doesn't even have a rivalry with the first two.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2019 08:46 PM by Nerdlinger.)
07-10-2019 08:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jim Delany botched the 2010-2013 Big Ten Expansion - Nerdlinger - 07-10-2019 08:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.